Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sassenach2

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Tried unplugging  my TV and my ROKU device and still kicking me out of my app. ROKU needs to solve the problem. I might have to get Google firestick if this keeps up.

0 Kudos
Bobbie5
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV - Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

I ended up following the advice of a previous comment went into settings on my Roku TV and powered off the entire tv . and it rebooted and was good.

0 Kudos
sharkbaot2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Anyone found a solution? I’ve “factory reset” my entire tv and it’s still doing it. I’m about to go buy another tv with Amazon or Google and say screw it. I can’t watch anything it’s getting so bad. 

0 Kudos
Kathiell
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No solution , they just do time wasting exercises of questions on what you are doing. Return it if you can. Buy non Roku product.

0 Kudos
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I thought I was clever by installing a Roku stick on my Roku tv to bypass whatever was causing the issue, but now am getting micro second freezes on every movie I play in Prime.  

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome from the Roku Community, @sharkbaot2010!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and sincerely apologize for the experience. 

At this point, we are fully aware of the occurring issue. Rest assured that our relevant Roku team has been keeping their eye on this and finding you the best resolution possible. 

If you want to include your device in the process, kindly provide us the following details requested by @RokuTakashi.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
I think the recording is broken

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuCarly
Community Moderator

‎11-27-2023 08:30 AM

Hi, Community users.

We completely understand your input and sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused. 

We are asking for those details as requested by the appropriate Roku team to determine the root cause of this occurring issue effectively and provide you with an accurate resolution or correct the issue successfully.

Your Roku streaming devices are uniquely made which is why we need each of your device's information and most importantly the Issue ID for us to assess your concerns better. With this being said, kindly provide us with the details requested by RokuJanadeeK.

We hope this clears everything. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and give further clarifications.

0 Kudos
Todd80
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I too have been having app issues in the past few week. I even had our internet provider check. No resolution or issue found on their behalf. I understand issues arise and its being addressed. I would like to know if I will be refunded my subscription costs during these issues? My apps are working fine on my phone while using my home internet service. So it seems to point to Roku software as the issue at fault. Thank you.

Todd80
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

UPDATE!!!!!

Now I know this sounds way to easy and impossible, 🤣 but I actually unplugged both my TCL Roku TVs for awhile. Plugged back up and tada, the apps are working again. At least for now. My guess would be an update may have been done and it needed a complete restart. Just a guess. 

0 Kudos
sharkbaot2010
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I keep clicking on the link but all it does it take me to this person profile I don’t see where any information is being asked? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.