Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jetrep
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Well, it is a bit expensive, but I solved my problem........purchased a new Nvidia Shield Pro.  It's a 2019 build, but very powerful.  

Won't be kicked out of any streaming programs anymore.

Sorry Roku.  Sending my Streambar Pro and two Roku Ultra's to the electronic recycling in my community.

0 Kudos
Mirandayh

Jump to solution

I tried them all but still kicks me out of app. It was working fine until recently, do we have a solid fix for this issue yet?

0 Kudos
ChrissyG73

Jump to solution

Ok so I was having the same problem. I only noticed it on Netflix and Tubi I did not have the problem on Live TV which I use for streaming and antenna. So the only step I tried was the restart step where you go into systems and restart the TV. It worked for me right away. I did not have to uninstall and reinstall anything. Just did the system restart and that seemed to iron out the problem for me. 

Thank you,

Chrissy

#rokutv

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV - Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

I've done everything that thay suggested you do and it still kicks me out of my apps. Could it just be that my roku TV is a piece of **bleep** and I should replace it???I'm very frustrated because I've done everything like 4 times now and nothing fixes the problem. 

0 Kudos
Bobbie5
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku (branded) TV - Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku is barely 3 months old and It has the same issues. Something on Roku's side is very wrong and you can not speak with anyone. So frustrating

0 Kudos
G1NGERBRO

Jump to solution

This is happening to me but not just my apps I can’t do anything without it taking me back to home screen within seconds, this is so frustrating. I have a Roku sound at I spent over 100$ on and I can’t even screen mirror with my phone because it just takes me back to Home Screen, can’t even scroll through settings because it takes me back home idk wtf is happening but I can’t find the yellow brick road on google and I’m sick of my Roku tapping the red shoes together before we get a chance to do anything!

Jrrobison15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had this 3 times now over the last 2 months. Only option that works is factory reset.

0 Kudos
Jrrobison15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hate it, but so far it's been the only work around. I'm praying for an update to fix it. That or I get a big enough cash windfall I can just buy a different TV.

0 Kudos
Jrrobison15
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV - Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and not the stick. Would be nice if the fix was that easy.

0 Kudos
Jrrobison15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven't posted for a while since trying what @makaiguy posted, and a few other things.

I was afraid to jinx it or speak too soon. It's been a few weeks and... Dare I say it? 
It's been better.

In fact no issues since (knock on wood).

However, I think there's been only 1 update since. Keep that in mind, because they often re-trigger the problem.

After all the months of problems & no real solution from Roku, other than their typical advice which was followed more than once... I narrowed down the problem (here), was most prolific on Rokus 4k devices, verses older versions for us (we have many versions in different rooms. New & old).

I verified the systems were up to date. Connections were good. Deleted & re-added apps. Ran through the refresh of system etc. The same old tropes that we've all been trying and then added the suggested tip by @makaiguy 

Note: I did not do a "system factory reset" during this last attempt to figure out the problem. 

I did do a "restart" as instructed. 

Hopefully, I linked @makaiguy post correctly. If not, I'll paste his posting below.

I found I did indeed have his mentioned "fast start" enabled. I didn't even know it existed. 

I turned it off. 

I also turned standby off.

This got rid of the annoying light. This "standby" may or may not have, factored into the problem but I was happy to be rid of the light that forever was on at bottom of TV. 

This last round... Crossing fingers & knocking on more wood...  "seems" to have worked for me. 

It's probably all going to blow up now or make me a liar in short time. Meanwhile though, it has been weeks since I've had the problem. I couldnt go hours or minutes before. Maybe that last hoorah, was the trick or maybe my devices are playing mind games, but I thought I'd post about it. 

Just In case it really does help someone else, because this problem is pretty frustrating and Roku seems to not care, which is disappointing after years of being our go-to's.

Also Note, Turning those 2 items off, has had zero negative affect on how my TV turns on. I don't miss this standby or fast start option that may or may not have been been a factor to our problem. I do enjoy the "no booting" to home screen, though. Crossing fingers again for all of us. Lol

Here's what @makaiguy said that tried (*the "standby" option is in the same menu as his mentioned "fast start" if you are interested in checking it out or in case it was part of my fix). Good Luck!:

====
If you have Fast Start enabled on your Roku TV, turning your set off/on just toggles you into and out of a reduced power standby state and doesn't give a complete restart. (>Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Start)

To get a complete restart use menu path >Settings > System > Power >System restart, or unplug from power for a few seconds.***

That was suggested. Going to try when I get a chance.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.