Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bred43

Re: Chic Fil A commercials are still causing the Roku channel to freeze during watching.

Same thing and I’m upset about it. I like to watch 2 broke girls anger management and sleep but before I could close my eyes the midlothian commercial is on freeze

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Chic Fil A commercials are still causing the Roku channel to freeze during watching.

Hi @Bred43,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We will request reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team to further review your device and to help fix this.

Kindly provide us with the following details below so we can forward this to our Engineering team for further investigation and fix this as soon as possible:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the app/channel? (this can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to your response!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I've  had the same problem for at least two months and have talked to tech assistance multiple times,  Each time they respond as if it's new news, have me go through the same steps each time, promise to bump it up to a higher level, and promise call-back which has never materialized.  I have a service ticket number of 8602941,  but no realistic hope of actual service.  It's very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @dickhaley725

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for posting here. Kindly be informed that the issue is currently being worked on. Once more information is available, an update here in this thread will be provided.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mamie2

I’m having the same problem too~re: Chik Fil A commercials causing video freezing /& repeating! The only thing that works is exiting the Channel & resuming show.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mamie2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further, but we will need to gather more details. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuJechealR provided above?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RassP
Channel Surfer

Well…it seems the chic fil an issue has been resolved. Thanks ROKU team! But now it’s the Roku commercial that freezing.  It’s the commercial that shows the variety of shows you can watch and ends with the Roku tag on the blue screen. Anyone else experiencing this? 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @RassP.

We'd like to know more about the freezing commercial you are referring to so we can assess the situation better and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Does the freezing happen in the middle of the commercial or after? Also, what specific app are you having this issue with? 

Furthermore, if you can send us a video clip of it, that would be a big help to us.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RassP
Channel Surfer

I swear…is this a joke?  Now the Chevy (Texas) commercials are causing the freeze.  This is nuts.  These have the same frequency as the previous Chic Fil A commercials.  I’ll be back to Roku once these glitches are fixed.  

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @RassP!

We hear you, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is aware of the previous report about the commercial playback issue you're experiencing.

In addition to it, this report that you provided. Could you tell us when did you start seeing this issue occur? If you experience this again. Please get back here and provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be anticipating it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos