Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chic Fil A commercials are still causing the Roku channel to freeze during watching.

Freeze during Commercials is a common theme in this forum. I am seeing dozens, probably hundreds of reports. And this is the tip of the iceberg, because most will not find there way to the forum to report it. I myself just arrived here after experiencing the freezing issue for the past 9 months or so. Finally I was frustrated enough to try to do something so I contacted chat support last night and simultaneously discovered this forum. Maybe I'll resubscribe to Netflix!

Clearly your commercial routine has issues and needs a high level coding expert to debug it. Maybe you should turn off cross-platform ads until this is fixed? (Your commercial boasts about being able to present ads on other platforms, not just Roku)

0 Kudos
Cudear

Re: Chic Fil A commercials are still causing the Roku channel to freeze during watching.

In the middle of the post commercial "Stories of Evergreen Hills". Back only replays commercial and its a 50/50 shot on whether the show will continue to play. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Cudear!

Welcome, and thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're aware of this issue and our team is currently looking into this and we appreciate you for sharing your experience about this.

Let us know the details below once you experience this again so that we can forward additional updates to the concerned team.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SFTina

Hi Rey

I have similar issues with many commercials while trying to watch Roku content.

Ads play  and are fine but then one freezes.  I go back and am taken to the program page but it always restarts at the beginning and/or first gives me another commercial which may play or freeze.  I am so sick of it and see many others are too.  And I see it has been happening for a very long time, maybe more than a year.

I was on another thread but am unable to get back to that one so I will give you the info we were asked to supply:

BEDROOM

Model   3930X  Roku Express

Serial    X004008T29KE

Device ID   S008314T29KE

I did the 5 times pressing the Home button, but t immediately kicked me to the Roku home screen as I was trying to press the Back button 5 times.  I waited a while to see if anything came up, but nothing ever came.  I did it twice.

What is curious to me is that I have another Roku device in my livingroom and it works fine.  And I watch in one room, turn off the unit or not and then watch the same content in the other room.  So why does one work and not the other?  I have seen the Express unit mentioned a few times, can the problem be with the Express remote? 

LIVINGROOM

Model   3810X  Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial    YH00 2A591090

Device ID    213152591090

0 Kudos
SFTina

Hi Rey, it is me again @SFTina

I went back to my bedroom and tried again.

When the commercial freezes you have to press the Home button 6 times (one to get to home and 5 times to trigger capturing the tracker).  Then the Back button 5 times.

So I did it three times while watching "House".

Issue ID   KE-053-393      TimeStamp:  2024-02-07  T01:53:46Z

Issue ID   KE-053-397      TimeStamp:  2024-02-07  T01:57:01Z

Issue ID   KE-053-429      TimeStamp:  2024-02-07  T02:29:03Z

Hope this helps.

~Tina

0 Kudos
SFTina

Rey - sorry I forgot you wanted the software version

Software version   121.5.5

Build 4174-AE

~Tina

0 Kudos
SFTina

Rey - okay now I feel really stupid.

The software version is 12.5.5

~Tina

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SFTina.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than happy to forward the details you've provided to our relevant team for further review and correction.

With this being said, we highly appreciate your coordination in providing us with the complete details requested for us to include your device's information in the process of investigation. Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let the community know. 

In the meantime, we request your patience as we work on this and if there's anything else you'd like to report or in need of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know as we are more than willing to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos