Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lensters
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ dropping video channels after 2-10 minutes.

Jump to solution

After pairing a Voice Remote with me Express 4K+ (3941X) it drops video playback of any channel after 2-10 minutes and goes back to the home menu.  I pulled the batteries from the remote and it still happened, so it isn't the remote sending superious signals.  It isn't an app as I tested with Roku Channel, YouTube,  and Prime.  It isn't the network because my Streaming Stick still works just fine.

I chatted with support, but the person was useless and after it sent me to change which HDMI port the Roku was hooked to, they dropped the connection.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lensters
Reel Rookie

Re: Express 4K+ dropping video channels after 2-10 minutes.

Jump to solution

If you'd read the last sentence of the first paragraph of my post you'd see it wasn't a network issue.  The issue was with the Roku.  I did a factory reset on it and it is working fine again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lensters,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to investigate further this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku Express 4K+. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternative wireless connection, like a mobile hotspot, and tried to see if there was no issue after connecting with it?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lensters
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you'd read the last sentence of the first paragraph of my post you'd see it wasn't a network issue.  The issue was with the Roku.  I did a factory reset on it and it is working fine again.

0 Kudos