Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mainecoons
Binge Watcher

Amazon Prime app Isn't Working

Jump to solution

That fix didn't work for me, newer ROKU mini.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime app Isn't Working

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @Mainecoons!

You may be able to resolve the issue with Amazon Prime login by contacting your channel provider. We recommend contacting them directly, as the channels/apps on Roku are typically managed and updated by the channel providers themselves. We hope to resolve this issue and appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @jontalk!

We regret to inform you that we do not possess this channel's contact email. However, we suggest visiting their Amazon Prime support page to acquire the necessary assistance. We highly recommend checking your account for Roku account-related issues to ensure the correct Roku model is associated with your email address.

You may do so by following these steps:

First, check the email associated with your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > About. You can also remove any unnecessary devices from your account.

To unlink a device
  1. Go to my.roku.com.
  2. Sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Your streaming devices will be listed under the My Devices section.
  4. Click on a device to open Device details.
  5. Select Remove the device from the account.
  6. Select Yes, and remove the device.

Note: Please ensure that the email address associated with your Roku device matches the one on your Roku account.

Please follow the steps above, and you will be all set. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
garystan1952
Binge Watcher

Amazon Prime app Isn't Working

Jump to solution

I have a Sharp-Roku TV. Whenever I open the Prime app to play a video, the app closes and goes back the HOME screen.  I RESET my TV, DELETED the app and re-installed it. I'm still having a problem with app.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you deleted the app and reinstalled it, did you perform a "System restart" from Settings->System->Power after you removed it and before you reinstalled it?  If not, try it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mainecoons 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We came across your post where you mentioned that you're having an issue with the Amazon Prime app that is not working, and we're here to assist you in resolving the issue. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves

We hope this works, and let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash
Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Mainecoons
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Did that long since.  The problem seems to occur with the two newer ROKU devices I have, one of which is a TCL ROKU TV and one of which is a ROKU express module.  My oldest ROKU does not do this.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mainecoons-

The post you replied to did not get carried along with your post on this $#@& forum software so we don't know what problem or solution you're referring to. Can you supply some more details?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mainecoons
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Whatever was going on to screw up Amazon log in disappeared as mysteriously as it came.  So I have no idea what went wrong or how it got fixed.  

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @Mainecoons!

You may be able to resolve the issue with Amazon Prime login by contacting your channel provider. We recommend contacting them directly, as the channels/apps on Roku are typically managed and updated by the channel providers themselves. We hope to resolve this issue and appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJharra-QAs a moderator, I'm curious whether you have a contact email for Prime Video since I've yet to figure out how to reach them. The app has had issues ever since the release of Roku OS13 but as the OP stated, they will resolve then return again..

On another front, who can I contact to correct the LONG overdue issue with the WRONG Roku model showing on my profile. I registered my Roku Ultra 4800x a couple of years ago and the profile still shows a Roku 3..Sort of odd since I removed it from my profile the day I installed the Ultra. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @jontalk!

We regret to inform you that we do not possess this channel's contact email. However, we suggest visiting their Amazon Prime support page to acquire the necessary assistance. We highly recommend checking your account for Roku account-related issues to ensure the correct Roku model is associated with your email address.

You may do so by following these steps:

First, check the email associated with your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > About. You can also remove any unnecessary devices from your account.

To unlink a device
  1. Go to my.roku.com.
  2. Sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Your streaming devices will be listed under the My Devices section.
  4. Click on a device to open Device details.
  5. Select Remove the device from the account.
  6. Select Yes, and remove the device.

Note: Please ensure that the email address associated with your Roku device matches the one on your Roku account.

Please follow the steps above, and you will be all set. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.