Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ande1416

One Video Won't Play With Sound on One of My Roku Devices

Jump to solution

Hi -

I have 4 Roku devices and a number of videos stored on a NAS.  The videos play fine on all the devices except one specfic video won't play with sound on one specific Roku stick.  Any thoughts as to why?  It is the only video that does this and is only doing it on the one streaming stick. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: One Video Won't Play With Sound on One of My Roku Devices

Jump to solution

Hi, @ande1416 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with a video file that won't play on your NAS (Network Attached Storage), and we're here to assist. We recommend performing a system restart to reboot your Roku device and fix the unplayable video. Kindly follow the steps below:

System restart your device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Once this has been performed, your Roku device will boot. Kindly check if the video is now playable on your specific Roku Streaming Stick.

Keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It could be the TV or the rest of the setup.  If you swap the position of the stick with a working device do you get audio?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ande1416 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with a video file that won't play on your NAS (Network Attached Storage), and we're here to assist. We recommend performing a system restart to reboot your Roku device and fix the unplayable video. Kindly follow the steps below:

System restart your device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Once this has been performed, your Roku device will boot. Kindly check if the video is now playable on your specific Roku Streaming Stick.

Keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ande1416-

The files inside your videos are encoded with various codec standards.  

Different Roku models may not all support the same group of codecs.  The actual Roku models and model numbers of the Rokus with and without this problem may be useful to those who know about this stuff for analyzing your problem.  Any info you can supply re the codecs used in you video would help too.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.