Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AArmano4178
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t log in to Roku app on Fire 10 tablet

Had the same issue.  From what ive read in the forums is that  roku will not let you install the app on altered software like Jailbroken or rooted devices.  Ive had the amazon tablet for years now.  Its something that I believe is a newer issue now.  Why they do this is beyond me, as every other app can be installed via the play store on the Amazon tablet, but because you've altered the devices software, Roku blocks it.  Crazy. You can still use the app as a remote and connect to the the device v8a Bluetooth, but you cannot sign in.  

0 Kudos
Pedmom
Reel Rookie

Hmm . I have no idea how do any of those things you mentioned lol.  I haven't done anything to the fire tablet other than downloading the Google play store and installing a few other apps from there, like Kindle and Hulu

0 Kudos
AArmano4178
Reel Rookie

I thought you couldnt download the google play store app on the amazon tablets unless you did alter the software. Also on the app, it doesnt allow for Tablet version for some reason.

0 Kudos
Pedmom
Reel Rookie

Ohhh I see what you mean. Sorry I did not understand. Yes I did install some things to be able to involve the play store, I totally forgot because I watched a video and completely forgot what I did lol. OK that makes sense thank you!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.