Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku app just doesn't work

This problem started earlier this week. On my Roku app when using private listening the audio sounds choppy and randomly cuts out and the app won't connect to my devices that are on the same network unless I restart my phone and immediately open the Roku app. The TV works fine, the headphones work fine, my phone works fine, this problem is the app. And while using the YouTube app, ads will stop and not play and it's only on the YouTube app the audio issues happen

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app just doesn't work

Hi @Shaboingery,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem on the Roku Mobile app. We'd like to know more about it so we can assist you further. Please provide us with the following information:

• Do you have a physical Roku remote?
  • Are you using an Android or Apple mobile phone?
  • What is your mobile phone's software version and build?
  • What Roku device are you using right now that is having issues?
  • What is the current software OS or version of that Roku device?

If you have a physical remote, please uninstall and reinstall the Roku mobile app and see if it will resolve the issue. If you don't, do not uninstall just yet.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brucemas
Reel Rookie

Any answer?  Same problem.   I was on 9.7.0.2302062 had problem.  Update app to 9.8.0.2436722. Did not fix. Android Samsung 20FE and Pixel 6 same problem .  Ultra 4670X 12.0.0 build 4184-46.  Remote with wired headphones works.  App with private listening either hangs video or at best garbled sound.  Reset/reinstalled/rebooted everything.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Brucemas
Reel Rookie

Hi Eunice,

Any insight? I have the same issue. Very garbled when using bluetooth hearing aids on private listening.  Has worked for years until recently.

• Ultra  4670X 12.0.0 build 4184-46
  • Ultra has a sd card installed 32gig
  • not working on app 9.7.02302062  upgraded to 9.8.0.2426722
  • Android Galaxy 20FE and Pixel 6 Pro both same problem
  • Roku remote with headphones works fine
  • when you switch to Private Listening, either the screen freezes with spinning donuts or best case garbled sound that is unintelligible.
  • both phones work fine with bluetooth, just the Roku app has problem.

Any help would be appreciated.   Bruce

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brucemas,

Thanks for reaching us here, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We really do appreciate the details you provided. It seems like we miss something here. Could you tell us if this issue is affecting the rest of the content/channel you're trying to access?

Tell us, and we take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.