Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoon93

Roku app wont connect to my TV

When trying to use my roku app, it shows my tv is on the network, but won't connect. I have tried manual connect but says the IP doesn't exist. I have reinstalled the app, i have done resets on the app and tv. Yes, I have the actual remote. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app wont connect to my TV

Greetings from the Roku Community, @scoon93!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issues you are currently experiencing with the Roku mobile app, and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we suggest resetting your network connection by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Advance system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. After doing so, reboot your Roku player by selecting Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart. Also, reboot your modem/router and reconnect your Roku player to your network connection again. 

If the issue persists, we also recommend deleting the Roku mobile app and re-installing it again to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bostick
Reel Rookie

This didn’t work.

0 Kudos

It didn't work for me either. I have started, stopped, restarted, disconnected, reconnected, turned off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled. I even changed internet providers and it STILL won't connect. I've been using this app with my roku devices for 10 years. It won't work with any of my four rokus as of a week or two ago. 

It's not ME. It's YOU. Please fix this. I can't afford to buy all new tvs.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bostick@Jenhellfish,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are still having issues with the Roku mobile app, and we would like to know how to identify and resolve them. Also, thanks for taking the steps provided above to resolve the issue.

For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages? If so, could you send us a photo?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Who is your ISP? (Internet service provider)

For troubleshooting purposes, we recommend connecting your Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you will still experience the same issue.

In addition, you can visit our support FAQ for more troubleshooting steps about connecting your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Rok mobile app.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ang11

This is happening to me as well! Just started randomly and I have not changed anything! Using a Westinghouse Roku tv. There are no codes, the tv doesn’t pop up on airplay on the iPhone either. It’s like the tv isn’t give the signal to the phone that it’s on or nearby. Absolutely no changes to my set up. Cogeco is my provider. Thanks

0 Kudos
TvTvMe

Can’t believe this is a live issue! Thought I was going crazy, def please fix!! Exact same issues as above and same scenarios of trying every single fix and no changes/errors or pop ups. 

0 Kudos
radiohead23
Reel Rookie

This is affecting me too. Please address this asap.

0 Kudos
radiohead23
Reel Rookie

Physically restarting my phone got it working. Don't know why it was necessary.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. We understand that you're having issues connecting with your Roku devices using AirPlay and the screen mirroring feature. We appreciate the steps you took to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, please provide us with the required details below so we can send the information to the appropriate Roku team for investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • All affected mobile devices' OS versions and models.

Please keep us posted with the details; we'll await your update.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.