Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoon93

Roku app wont connect to my TV

Jump to solution

When trying to use my roku app, it shows my tv is on the network, but won't connect. I have tried manual connect but says the IP doesn't exist. I have reinstalled the app, i have done resets on the app and tv. Yes, I have the actual remote. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app wont connect to my TV

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @scoon93!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issues you are currently experiencing with the Roku mobile app, and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we suggest resetting your network connection by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Advance system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. After doing so, reboot your Roku player by selecting Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart. Also, reboot your modem/router and reconnect your Roku player to your network connection again. 

If the issue persists, we also recommend deleting the Roku mobile app and re-installing it again to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app wont connect to my TV

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @scoon93!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issues you are currently experiencing with the Roku mobile app, and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we suggest resetting your network connection by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Advance system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. After doing so, reboot your Roku player by selecting Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart. Also, reboot your modem/router and reconnect your Roku player to your network connection again. 

If the issue persists, we also recommend deleting the Roku mobile app and re-installing it again to see if this will make any difference.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos