Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leagleton
Reel Rookie

remote stopped working after six month

My simple remote stopped working after about 6 months.  Purchased two Rokus for two TV's and one is fine but the other remote just doesn't work anymore.  How do I repair or replace?  Should this fail after such a short time?  Very frustrating and maybe I should just return and purchase something else?

9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: remote stopped working after six month

@leagleton

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku device are you using? Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote to see if that helps?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leagleton
Reel Rookie

I have the roku premiere with simple remote.  I purchased two of these and have both set up on the two tv's in my home.  One works fine and all good.  The second one has issue that remote just stopped working.  I replaced batteries and still doesn't work.  I have tried unplugging and restarting and still this remote does not work. 

I also took the second remote to test out and it works fine on both units/tvs.  So it is just the one remote that doesn't work.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @leagleton

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try re-pairing your remote to your Roku device and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? We recommend doing basic troubleshooting steps on that Roku remote and checking if these steps would resolve this issue: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
leagleton
Reel Rookie

The remote is a simple remote.  There is nothing to pair.  I have gone through all steps to trouble shoot simple remote.  The remote still does not work.  What next?  Can I get a replacement?

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the update, @leagleton

We would like to help you resolve the problem as quickly as possible. Could you provide the serial number of the affected Roku device? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

I'll keep an eye on your response. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
leagleton
Reel Rookie

Serial number is 05218A776825.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @leagleton,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
WadeH

I’m having the exact same issue with the exact same remote. I’ve tried resetting and nothing works. SN0085224ETCH. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @WadeH

Thanks for the post.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos