Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew74

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

This is happening with my remote as well. I've spent so much $$ on batteries in the past month. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Andrew74

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jphil69
Reel Rookie

Remote eats batteries too fast

Jump to solution

I have a 3800X streaming stick

SN  YF00G9786181

the remote drains the batteries in about a week. WTF is wrong with this thing??

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote eats batteries too fast

Jump to solution

It has been suggested that this can be caused by your router using a channel that is crowded with a bunch of nearby routers using the same channel. Your remote has to work too hard constantly sorting through the information packets from all those other devices and it uses up the batteries much too quickly.

If you have access to your router's setup, try configuring it to use a different WIFI channel to see if this helps the situation. In the 2.4 GHz band, channels 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap each other and so give you the best chance at reducing congestion, so try each in succession, although depending on what channels your neighbors are using other channels may work best. Also, reducing router bandwidth from 40 to 20 kHz may also reduce interference.

Reducing congestion and interference can also improve your data transmission rates.

Please report back to let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jphil69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t have access to my routers set up, that I’m aware of. It’s the router provided to me by Xfinity. What now??

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

On your Roku, Settings > Network > About will show you what Wireless channel is being used.

If you have a wifi-equipped phone, install a wifi analysis app that can show you the congestion on the various wifi channels, to see if there are less-used channels available to you.  Otherwise it's a matter of trying different channels by trial and error.

Infinity should be able to tell you how to access the router's set up and change its settings, or if not, they should be able to do it for you from their end.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
luanneallen
Channel Surfer

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

Jump to solution

I change my batteries every 2 days, I read it was a problem with the remote, and we need a new one.  Let me know if you reach anyone.  Luanne Taylor

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

Jump to solution

@luanneallen 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OHUser

Jump to solution

Having the same problem every time o go to use a remote. Have multiple streaming sticks. Has anyone heard if and when Roku will recall these and replace with new remotes? This is a consumer class action item in my opinion. 

0 Kudos
Leselkins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue- Roku Ultra, 4640X, s/n YP007U638006. Currently on software 10.0.0/build 4209-29. Worked fine for a while, but now we're going through a set of batteries roughly weekly. If there's a solution I'd love to know about it..... Rarely use the voice search, hardly ever use the headphone jack.

0 Kudos