Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FSUPuck
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve tried to reset my voice remote pro with no luck and even tried letting it charge for an entire day, but it won't completely charge. The green light is blinking slowly, so it seems to be charging
The screen indicates that the battery is at 9% while the remote is charging.
Every day the max charge gets lower.

The serial number for my roku is X01000519206

Any help is appreciated

UPDATE:  It will now not charge past 0%!

Please let me know what I can do to get it to charge.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ShannonBrown
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why are some people getting taken care of and others like myself have communicated our issues months ago, provided the requested information, and still no resolution or replacement?

tstick65
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

tell them you would like to replace it if it's in the warranty period they will. they have both of mine.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @ShannonBrown

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

We want to look closely to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, kindly provide the information I requested just above your post so we can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Lrogers

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  It works for awhile and then quits and charging won’t help.  I’ve tried repairing, it again only works for awhile.  It is like there is a short in it.  

0 Kudos
Smity868
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem .  Remote will not charge.  It will work only while it is plugged in.  It will not charge and won't work when unplugged.  Tried the reset fix and that does not help.  Can I get this problem fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Smity868

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Could you try to press and hold the pairing button on your remote for 15 seconds then see if the remote charges?

Please keep us posted!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
oztrich
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

It's been a week and I've not been contacted about my Voice Remote Pro not charging, or the volume button not working after a few minutes. 

I've done the troubleshooting suggested to others, re-pairing, re-adding, etc. My remote will not charge past 31% and as soon as it's unplugged, it immediately loses charge down to 4% within 5-10 minutes. I'm afraid to let it get to 0%.

Please advise on how I can initiate a trouble ticket that will result in some help with this seemingly common issue. Others have reported getting their remotes replaced.

Thanks

PS - I'm not getting any notification emails about response to this post even tho that box is checked.

Voice Remote Pro RC701

Firmware - rtn.4186

*Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821X 

SN: X01700FGUFRX

Software version 11.5.0 •build 4312-CU

Device ID S09T419GUFRX

0 Kudos
Smity868
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried pushing the pairing button for 15 seconds....the remote still will not charge.   Very inconvenient to use right now, as it has to be tethered to charger cord to work.  Will not work unless it is connected to charger.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @oztrich

Thanks for following up. 

It seems that you did not receive the email from the support team sent to you. No worries, we have made a follow on this and the support team will reach out directly to assist you further.

Your email may be set up to automatically block emails from unrecognized senders and place the message in a spam or junk folder.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.  

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos