Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyt
Binge Watcher

Rechargeable remote defective

Jump to solution

Brand new Roku Ultra rechargeable remote died —permanently—when fast forwarded.  loud screeching noise.  bought extra remote at same time.  second remote must be recharged AND re-paired every two days.  My older regular battery type remotes work OK.  

Anyone know what’s going on here?  android Sony 55” tv.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: rechargeable remote x2 defective

Jump to solution

Hi @jyt,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry about this inconvenience, and we certainly want to do our best to assist you with it. Please take note that we have passed along your concern and information to our Support team, who will follow up to further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jyt,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the battery drain issue you have experienced with your Roku remote. Rest assured that we'll do our best to provide you with assistance. Could you please share with us the following information for us to further look into the issue?

• Have you tried to charge your Roku remote with an alternate charging adapter?
  • How long do you often charge your Roku remote?
  • What feature/s do you often use? (Voice command, private listening, etc.)

Once we have this information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

alternate adaptor?  do you mean the device charging cord plugs into?  if so, no i haven’t.  this device is one i use for ipad and ipod.  works well for them.

because it’s new, not much charging history.  thus far remote requires charging every other day.  tv screen says remote 100%.   tv on about 7 hours/24.  

the first remote, included with new ultra roku unit, made incredible screech—as i was listening via included ear phones—and died.  screech hurt my ears.  remote had been used only couple of days.  

second new remote is one not holding a charge.  not brave enough to try the earphones after first experience—assuming ‘private listening’ is your techno-speak for ear phones.  i am of the ancient generation trained to push buttons.   i don’t talk to mechanical devices except for a telephone. 

is the dead remote exchangeable for the regular battery version?  

0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

may also be device issue.  the new roku unit having problems maintaining contact with internet.  roku starts blinking, loses internet.  even though screen says wifi signal is ‘excellent’ roku won’t engage.  (note:  iPad will connect).  eventually I have to pull power cord and re-start roku unit before it will connect to wifi.  

have done two separate factory resets.  each time that has improved the ‘frequency’* of disconnection but doesn’t resolve the problem completely.   still have to pull power cord 4-5 times per night and re-engage.  

could the screeching incident with first remote have damaged the roku unit as well?  connection has been unstable since that happened.

sony tv works well when the roku works well.  i don’t think the problem is the tv.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jyt,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry about this inconvenience, and we certainly want to do our best to assist you with it. Please take note that we have passed along your concern and information to our Support team, who will follow up to further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jyt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

thank you😊

0 Kudos