Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jh1151

The sound keeps muting when I try to adjust the volume up or down.

I have the roku soundbar pro. When I adjust the volume up or down, it will automatically mute to unmute I have to press and hold the mute button on the remote. Why does it do this?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The sound keeps muting when I try to adjust the volume up or down.

Hi @Jh1151,

Thanks for reporting this case here in the Roku Community, and welcome!

We'd like to be of support with this remote issue. Could you tell us what Roku remote you have paired to this? Is this the Roku Voice remote or the Voice Remote Pro?

In addition, when did you start seeing this and what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Let us know more about this so that we further work on this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krvic
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  Did you find a fix for this?

I have tried another Roku Remote and have reset my Roku soundbar to factory default settings.  It is still muting when I press the volume down button. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Krvic!

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you've been experiencing with the buttons on your Roku remote. I'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this.

Before proceeding, please let me know/confirm if this is an issue even when you just paired the remote when your Roku Streambar was newly purchased? 

Also, let us try to reset your remote to see if this will make any difference. Press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds and pair them again. 

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krvic
Reel Rookie

I reset the remote and repaired.  Still have the same issue.  Volume mutes when I press volume down.   This wasn't a problem when we purchased the Roku Streambar in December of 2023.  It started a couple months ago.  Not sure of the exact timing.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Krvic.

In this case, I will coordinate with our Support team for further advice. Kindly check your inbox, as I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather further personal information, such as the email address associated with your Roku account. 

In the meantime, I appreciate your continuous patience and coordination.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krvic
Reel Rookie

I have not received a private message yet ...  Is someone going to look into this issue further?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

My apologies, @Krvic.

Thank you for letting me know about this. I will send you another Private Message immediately. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.