Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grodthin

Romu remote stuck in pairing loop

Jump to solution

Trying to power up an old streaming stick roku, remote (with pairing button) is begining to connect but never fully does so i am stuck on startup screen. Tried to unplug everything and do all the battery tricks but nothing has worked, any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Romu remote stuck in pairing loop

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @grodthin!

I appreciate you reaching out for support about pairing your Roku remote with your Roku player. I'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help.

Firstly, are there any blinking lights prompted when you press random buttons? If so, I suggest resetting your remote to see if this works. Press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Romu remote stuck in pairing loop

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @grodthin!

I appreciate you reaching out for support about pairing your Roku remote with your Roku player. I'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help.

Firstly, are there any blinking lights prompted when you press random buttons? If so, I suggest resetting your remote to see if this works. Press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.