Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maestro3
Reel Rookie

Scroll down button on ROKU remote either doesn't work or works intermittently

The 'scroll down' button on the remote control of one of my ROKU devices isn't working. Where and how do I get a new remote control?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Scroll down button on ROKU remote either doesn't work or works intermittently

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Maestro3!

I appreciate you reporting the issue you've experienced with your physical Roku remote. I'd be happy to find you the best resolution so you can utilize this remote again.

Kindly let me know the following so I can assess your concern better:

• Is this the only button affected?
  • When did you start experiencing this?
  • Is this the remote that comes with your Roku player?
  • Serial number of the Roku player this remote is currently paired to:

In the meantime, I suggest performing the following to see if this will make any difference:

• Change the batteries with a fresh new set. 
  • Reset your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. Then, pair it again.

I'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maestro3
Reel Rookie

Re: Scroll down button on ROKU remote either doesn't work or works intermittently

Thanks for your response, Carly! To answer your questions...

Yes, this is the only button affected. All the others work just fine. I have indeed replaced the batteries and also reset the remote. Neither helped.

Yes, this is the remote that comes with the Roku "box." The problem started a few weeks ago.

The serial number of the Roku player is... SOHCK34ONL3J

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping me posted, @Maestro3.

In this case, I will coordinate this with our Support team for further assistance. Kindly check your inbox, as I will reach out to you via Private Message to request further personal details, such as the email address associated with your Roku account and more.

In the meantime, you may use the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical Roku remote. This works well with your Roku Express 4K and has a private listening feature.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.