Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhust

Remote/Volume issues after 13.0.0 update

Two of my Roku tvs updated today and I have had issues with both remotes. Volume and power will work, but no other buttons will. Luckily I have the Roku app on my phone to use as the remote. I went in to settings, remote, and added it again and it worked for both tvs. Another issue I’m experiencing with only one tv is the follow is way off. I used to only need to turn it up to 25-30 but now I’m needing to turn it up to 65+ to meet a comparable volume. So far these are the only two issues I have found… hoping there are no more. Any advice for the volume issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote/Volume issues after 13.0.0 update

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @rhust!

Thank you for reporting the issue you've encountered with your Roku remote after receiving the latest software update. I'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this. 

Firstly, which specific Roku player are you having this issue with? Also, is this the remote that comes with it? Furthermore, kindly try resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this works. 

Kindly keep me updated on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.