Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPCOT80

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

I’m having this same issue with my remote on my Express 4K+. I’ve been round and round with support chat and just need a replacement remote. Is there anyone who can help me?

0 Kudos
Jasongra
Channel Surfer

call this number to reach a human, 816-272-8106

my roku just got replaced so I have a new unit. 

0 Kudos
Planeleroy

Please send me a DM about this as well. I can't find the option on your profile to send you a dm. 
is this a hardware issue w the remote? Or a software issue w the stick?

my right and down arrows are not working currently. Please help!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Planeleroy

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having the same issue as other Roku Community users in this thread. We've sent you a PM here as per request. Kindly check your inbox since we've reached you from there.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

I did this and it worked for me.  Go to: Roku, Settings, Advanced system settings, Network connection reset, Reset connection.  It will automatically restart.  Hope that works for you.

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

I did this and it worked for me.  Go to: Roku, Settings, Advanced system settings, Network connection reset, Reset connection.  It will automatically restart.  Hope that works for you.

0 Kudos
RBud
Reel Rookie

Jan 22, 2024. I have had this same problem! It began occurring about one month after installation. So frustrating. In addition, every time I use the remote to turn on the TV, I have to reset the internet connection a couple of times. I, too, have unplugged everything, replaced the batteries in the remote, plugged it all back in. The right arrow button still doesn't work. Sometimes, if I press down on the right arrow with my finger really, really, really hard, for about 20-30 seconds, it'll finally move. I feel like I need a jackhammer for this thing. That's just not right. Takes me 15-20 minutes just to get the TV to work. Good thing I didn't give up my cable modem!

0 Kudos
S-dot
Reel Rookie

I am also having this issue with my 4k roku stick and have tried all posted fixes and nothing has worked.  What can I do to solve this issue.  I am not seeing any options to send a pm.

0 Kudos
RBud
Reel Rookie

Frustrating, in so? Apparently, this is an ongoing issue with the particular model of the remote. I tried six ways to Sunday to fix it. So did my husband. I bought mine from Best Buy. Of course, it was out of its 60 or 90-day warranty, whatever it had.

I ended up calling Best Buy and talked with an extremely knowledgeable tech support person over the phone. (I'm actually pretty good myself, but clearly not good enough.) We tried a couple more things. Nope. Still didn't work.

Apparently, there are three different versions of the Roku remote; (1) Simple Remote; (2) Voice Remote; (3) Voice Remote Pro. You can compare them here. (Link is safe, promise.) So, I buy the crème de la crème option and have Best Buy's Geek Squad come over this time to put it together. Geek Squad isn't free, as I'm sure you know. Two guys, John and Andrew, arrive. They were great. What they told me is that the TV I was using is old and that's part of the problem. So I said; "The TV is only five years old. That's not that old." And they said; "No. Your TV is 15 years old." I can't remember where I bought the TV, it wasn't Best Buy.

Whatever the Geeky dudes did, they fixed the remote. Told me I did not need to spend money on a new remote and stick. Took them both back and had my credit card refunded. They also removed the fee for an onsite visit. That was pretty nice and unusual.

Just in case this were to happen again, I rearranged the top three we watch most often to be in vertical order. For me, that is Spectrum, YouTube, and Netflix. My right button is working. For now. Though I still have to reconnect WiFi almost every time I turn on this particular TV.

By the way, in my home office I have Roku TV and I've yet to experience the "right button doesn't work" problem

Wishing you well in your Roku Right Button journey to function!
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @S-dot @RBud,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a problem with your Roku remote. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. Does the button sometimes work, or does it never work?
  4. Did the button ever work (when the player was new)?

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos