Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorgfr
Channel Surfer

The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

I just purchased the 4K Streaming Stick last month at Walmart. The remote started acting up last wk when trying to navigate to the right it was hard to get it to navigate to the right. I replaced the factory batteries thinking it was the problem but the right arrow is not working. The remote works just fine moving up and down and to the left. Turning off and on and volume are just fine but it will not move to the right. Of course all of our selections are to the right. I have to get on YouTube just on my phone just and click watch on TV to get to my app. I believe you have a defective remote right button. How do I get this replaced. It was set up March 13th. Other post with the same problem say a factory reset does not work. How do I get this replaced?  Thank you in advance. 

88 REPLIES 88
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

Hi @Dorgfr,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku remote button. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Could you please perform the power cycle by unplugging your TV for about 2 minutes? This includes unplugging the HDMI cables from the TV, and the power supply. Then please remove the batteries from the remote. Plug it all back in and place the batteries in the remote once you see the ROKU letters bouncing if that resolves the issue with your Roku remote button. 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dorgfr
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I tried what you suggested and it still didn't help. The remote has a defect for the right arrow. I did get an email for support wanting me to confirm my info. All was correct except I couldn't find the serial number to confirm. Where is that? I did however give them the model number on the  inside of the remote. I sincerely hope that's good enough for them to send us another remote. We literally can't maneuver thru our options since everything is to the right. Every once in awhile we will get lucky and get a random movement. I haven't heard back from them since I replied to them everything was correct but I couldn't confirm the serial number. 

Thanks for your help

Dorgfr ( Dotty)

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Dorgfr 

Thanks for following up. 

It seems that our Support team took care of your request. They were able to use the information you provided. Kindly check your email as they have given you a follow-up on this matter. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

I have a similar problem with the remote on my Roku 3 AND my Roku 2 on both of my TVs.  The arrow buttons move more than one spot, there for I can not pick a program episode.   It does this on Roku live as well as trying to move to other shows,  Discovery+, tubi, and byu tv channel and more.  Since it is doing it on two roku's on different TV's it must be a problem with roku?  

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pattipait

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku remote button. We'd be happy to look closer to see how we can help.

We wish to take a few actions to ensure that we are offering the greatest service possible.

Please unplug your TV for about two minutes and then restart it. To do this, unplug the power supply and the HDMI cords from the TV. Please then take the remote's batteries out. If the problem with your Roku remote button is fixed, plug everything back in and put the batteries in the remote once you see the ROKU letters bouncing. 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know, along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. 

Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Thanks, 

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amharbaugh

My remote is having this same issue and I have done what you suggested to do above. It is still not working, what can I do now? This stick and remote are only a few months old. 

pattiz3
Binge Watcher

I solved the problem by going to settings and then reset the remote.  It worked for me.  If you cannot find it let me know.  I am not home now.  I will look and see the exact place to go after Roku Settings for you if you cannot find reset.

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

Roku, Settings, Advanced system settings, Network connection reset, Reset connection.  It will automatically restart.  Hope that works for you.

0 Kudos
Dorgfr
Channel Surfer

I suggest calling Roku for a replacement remote. That's what I did. They sent me one. Reset did not work for me. 

0 Kudos