Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flsunray
Channel Surfer

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

Model 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K

Device ID S0J7337SG5VD

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flsunray,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your Roku remote. When did this issue occur? Was it triggered after any software update, or did your remote experience any physical damage? Please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it fixes the issue. You can also set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes & Devices.
  3. Select Remotes, followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flsunray
Channel Surfer

Hello,  I tried a full restart and the remote is still not working properly.  The right arrow button is not working correctly.  Only works if you press the button hard.  Thank you for the help! 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flsunray,

We appreciate you providing these details in the Roku Community!

Kindly send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message".
We look forward to you reaching out to us privately.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flsunray
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure how to send you a private message.  Please advise.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We understand that you are having trouble sending a PM, @Flsunray.

No worries; we're here to assist.

To send a PM. Kindly click on the username of the Roku moderator above. Once clicked, you will be prompted to view the profile data of @RokuEuniceL. Click on the "Send this user a private message" option at the right side of the screen and type down your input.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dorgfr
Channel Surfer

Contact customer support by phone they will send you another remote to replace it. They will make it right. They did for me. I can understand if the company doesn't make it right. At least give them a chance to rectify the problem. I have bought 2 since my first one I had no problem with the remote as of yet. Looks to be a manufacturing glitch? 

0 Kudos
CathH

I am having the same issue. I have reset my roku, and changed the batteries, everything works fine with the exception of the right arrow. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @CathH!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

Kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, kindly try to re-pair it again.

If the issue persists after performing this, kindly send us a Private Message here by selecting my username > View Profile > on the right side of the page, Send this user a private message. 

Looking forward to meeting you via PM!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bubbie
Reel Rookie

Lets face it folks this is a problem that Roku does not or not willing to solve. I ve read all the posts on the subject and done all the recommended solutions. Now they want me to put the Roku App on my iphone and control the tv using it.  They also say there is no Universal remote that will work. 

So I for one am no longer a Roku customer/fan or recommender of their product. FYI all of my Roku product is less that 6 months old. Roku streaming stick 4K with remote and enhanced remote . 

Merry Christmas to you all. 

0 Kudos