Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S-dot
Reel Rookie

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

Model: 3820RW2- Streaming stick 4K

Serial: X02500N41WGR

Software Version: 12.5.5, build 4174-E6

Device IF: S0JC33441WGR

Tracker ID: GR-042-596

It's been an issue since I can remember.  It "works" after holding down the key constantly with extra applied pressure, at times I have to attempt like 10+ times aggressively, just to move to the right 1 spot.

0 Kudos
RBud
Reel Rookie

Agree. We figured that out, too. (Apply extreme pressure). I'm just not going to work that hard to choose a channel. Good point for others who are struggling, though.

0 Kudos
pattiz3
Binge Watcher

Try this by going to: Roku, Settings, Advanced system settings, Network connection reset, Reset connection.  It will automatically restart.  Hope that works for you.

0 Kudos
cfg83
Binge Watcher

The sad part is that you are probably destroying the button as you do this.  I am guessing the conductive pad has already been reduced to a gooey mess. 

If you search on youtube for "roku remote control repair", then you will see lots of repair videos.  HOWEVER, I would not do any of them without a backup remote at the ready, because you risk breaking your remote in the process.

As I suggested in another thread, if your streaming stick is compatible, maybe try the Roku app on your smartphone.

0 Kudos
Margiemie

Hello!  My right arrow on my Roku remote is also not working .. the up, down and left arrows are working just fine.  Please help 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @S-dot,

Thanks for the response and for the additional information!

Please note that we have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a problem with your Roku remote. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. Does the button sometimes work, or does it never work?
  4. Did the button ever work (when the player was new)?

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cfg83
Binge Watcher

1 : Roku device model = 3810X , Serial number = YH00F1557655 , Device ID = 21399F557655 , Software OS/version = 12.5.5:4174
2 : NA. Dad has it. Using TWO remotes to make up for missing buttons in each remote.
3 : NA. Dad says the buttons don't work, period. It's the luck of the draw that each remote has enough "overlap" to work as one remote for him.
4 : All buttons worked when new.

I will try the Roku App on a DEDICATED obsolete smartphone. I know that works, but my Dad has problems with small touchscreens, so it is only a partial solution.

If we can't fix the remote control then we will dump Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cfg83,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience with the buttons that didn't work with your Roku remote, and we appreciate you providing the device information that we need. Would you mind providing the Tracker ID as well? (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.).

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cfg83
Binge Watcher

Hello -

There are TWO remotes, so there are two IDs :

Device Remote 1 :

Problem: Bad "Ok" button