Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidL9226

Re: The right arrow on my remote for new 4K Streaming Stick is not working

Same problem Roku 4k+ remote right arrow button with progressively worse failure. Battery replacement, settings reboot sequence didn’t help. All other controls on the remote are fine. I agree this problem is listed too many times to be unusual. Any suggestions??

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DavidL9226,

Thank you for letting us know about this experience.

May we know the device ID of the Roku streaming player that this remote pairs with? Also, when did you start having this issue with your remote? This article provides support on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jasongra
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issues all the time with the 4k streaking stick. I pretty much have to unplug the unit every day. At first I thought it was a problem with my remote but even my iphone would not control the unit. So the issue is with the streaming stick. I have been buying roku since the beginning but this streaming stick is the worst roku product that I have ever purchased. Calling ROKU is a no go as well so I am about to start replacing the roku products with amazon products. At least with amazon you get a call back.,

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We apologize for the inconvenience, @Jasongra.

Is the right arrow on your remote the only button that doesn't work? What have you done so far to fix the issue? Lastly, May we also have the device ID of the Roku streaming player that this remote pairs with?

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Madash1
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue and this did not work for me. I am unable to use the right arrow and the bottom arrow is also stuck. My Roku is less than a year old and now I am unable to watch TV. Please advises thanks. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Madash1!

Thank you for letting us know about your remote concern. Worry no more as we are more than eager to offer a hand.

In this instance, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it. After doing so, kindly repair it again to see if it will make any difference.

If this doesn't work, please send us a PM here together with the serial number of the device your remote is connected to as we will be requesting additional reinforcement from our Support team. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Madash1
Reel Rookie

Thanks Carly. Sadly that did not fix the problem. 

I am not seeing the option to send you a PM. Is there another way to send over my serial number? 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know and for trying, @Madash1.

No worries! We'll send you a PM instead. Kindly check your inbox!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Monpv

Will Roku call back if you leave a message? I have the same problem as mentioned above where right or bottom arrow does not work. I’ve tried the steps listed to no avail. I left a phone message for Roku corporate but the outgoing message literally says to leave a message but we may not call you back. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Monpv,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos