Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MindyinAL

Streambar SE remote issue

Jump to solution

The website says the remote will power-up/power-down the TV. It does not. After a great deal of troubleshooting with multiple agents, they finally told me that the Streambar SE comes with a "Simple Remote" which only controls the device. This is NOT what the website says. I have asked the agent to let management know their website is wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streambar SE remote issue

Jump to solution

Regular simple IR Roku remotes doesn't have power or volume keys. The Streambar SE remote is IR only remote, but with power and volume keys. These keys are not programmable for different brands of tv, these keys have Roku CEC commands only that never change. You tv has to cec feature with it turned on, many people on purpose turn this feature off. Cec is called different names by different TV brands. The Cec commands are picked up by the Streambar SE, which in turn sends cec signal over hdmi cable to the TV. 

You can purchase separately wifi voice remote that can be programmed to control your tv by IR. And of course it will have to be paired to the Streambar SE first. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Regular simple IR Roku remotes doesn't have power or volume keys. The Streambar SE remote is IR only remote, but with power and volume keys. These keys are not programmable for different brands of tv, these keys have Roku CEC commands only that never change. You tv has to cec feature with it turned on, many people on purpose turn this feature off. Cec is called different names by different TV brands. The Cec commands are picked up by the Streambar SE, which in turn sends cec signal over hdmi cable to the TV. 

You can purchase separately wifi voice remote that can be programmed to control your tv by IR. And of course it will have to be paired to the Streambar SE first. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MindyinAL,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out about the Roku Streambar SE's remote. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused in achieving the best experience with your Roku Streambar SE.

To provide additional information, as mentioned by @Tivoburkee in the post above, the Roku Streambar SE includes a Roku remote with TV controls. We recommend enabling CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) or adjusting settings on your TV to enable basic functions such as power and volume control.

Important Note: Disabling CEC will prevent your Streambar remote from turning your TV on/off or using your TV remote to control the Streambar's volume. For assistance with enabling ARC (Audio Return Channel) and CEC on your TV, refer to our detailed guide on How to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV | Roku

For comprehensive instructions on setting up your Roku Streambar SE, please refer to this link: How to set up your Roku Streambar SE | Official Roku Support

We hope this information helps! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.