Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rontexas

Re: My Roku is going crazy and nothing I do will fix it.

Roku remote going crazy 

Thanks Carly. That fixed it. 

0 Kudos

We had a real bad storm now my rekou not working 

0 Kudos
Johnsjodie

Mine started doing this two days ago. It only did it on this on the Fubo app. The system reset worked. 

0 Kudos
Rr6
Reel Rookie

I just replaced my roku remote and player for my 50" Vizio as someone on here recommended and it still does the random skipping. My old Roku without tv controls doesn't do have this problem. Like thousands more here I'm so disappointed.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rr6,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted, and we appreciate you reaching out.

Could you tell us if restarting ( Settings>System>Power (if available)>System restart) your device helped fix the problem or if it came back even after a system restart?

Please keep us updated!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Optikat
Reel Rookie

I've had great success unplugging the power to my ultra waiting 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.  Usually I just unplug the wire from the back of the Ultra box itself.  That reloads the ROKU software and for me, has always worked.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Daryl123
Reel Rookie

This issue started for me today. It is the same on BOTH of my ROKU ULTRA devices! Both are 4670R. Batteries have just been changed.  both exhibit the same issues described above

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Daryl123,

Thanks for posting, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with us, and we're here to assist you with this. Let's perform a restart of your Roku device to have optimal usage. To do this, kindly navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. After this, kindly check to see if you notice any improvements.

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daryl123
Reel Rookie

Thank you!!! 

Looks like your suggestion:(Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart) worked.

Both ULTRA(s) are working now!

I appreciate the quick response.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Daryl123

We're glad to hear this. If you need further assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to us here in the Roku Community. We're always happy to help.

Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.