Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IGar
Reel Rookie

Ear Buds Recommendation, please

Could someone please recommend which ear buds to purchase that will work with Roku for private listening?  And how would it be programable and compatible with the Roku device?  Are there instructions on the Roku website regarding this?

Thanks,  Irene

8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ear Buds Recommendation, please

@IGar-

Remote listening is available via:

• An Android or iOS device running the Roku Remote app - device's internal speaker, wired or bluetooth earphones
  • A Roku Voice Remote Pro - wired earphones only
  • An old Roku Gaming Remote (discontinued, no longer available) - wired earphones only
  • [Edited to ad] Bluetooth earphones connected to several current Roku models.  See this Roku article for details including compatible Roku model list.

I have been quite pleased with Panasonic ErgoFit Wired Earbuds. I think they sound exceptionally good for inexpensive earphones.  People more knowledgeable will have to give Bluetooth earphone recommendations.

Edited a second time to further correct a misunderstanding on my part (heh heh, I was right in the first place):

As (now) mentioned above, some of recent Roku devices have the capability of connecting to Bluetooth devices directly.   Previously I had referenced an earlier Roku article that was written before the addition of this capability.  It originally stated that Bluetooth earphones cannot be connected directly, however it has now been updated to acknowledge the new capability for some models, with a cross-reference to the Bluetooth earphone article mentioned above. 

My apologies for any misunderstandings my reading of the earlier article may have caused.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
IGar
Reel Rookie

I need wireless head phone or ear bud options for my Roku Streaming 4K.  We have the Android Galaxy S21.

Thanks Much,

Irene G

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Anonymous wrote:

What?

How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Correct.  I had been misled by a prior reading of a Roku article written before that capability was added to some Roku models.  That article itself has been recently updated, and my original post has been edited.  My apologies for any confusion I've caused.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
azbobs

I’m using an older wired pair Samsung headphones are working for me.

0 Kudos
azbobs

I have a TLC 55S435 and I have to use the iOS phone app to use my wireless apple ear buds. I cannot hookup my wireless Apple ear buds directly the iOS app takes care of this minor connection issue. I just go to my iOS Roku app and my Bluetooth wireless Apple buds are found and work great!

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I just use the headphone ports on my TVs, I connect a headphone extension cord to run from the back of the TV to where I sit and plug my headphones into the extension cord, works perfectly. No nonsense trying to pair wireless headphones to a device, no nonsense of charge running out in the middle of watching a program and the earbuds dying. It's simple and it works and wired headphones are cheaper and the extension cord was only about ten bucks. Some people don't like dealing with wires but it works perfectly for me.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.