Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasper2
Reel Rookie

Simple remote does not control volume

I have a TCL Roku TV and a Simple remote. The remote does not have a pairing button. 
We lost the remote for a time. Now the volume and mute controls on the side do not work. All the buttons on the front do work, including the power button. 
I have replaced the batteries after restarting the TV (in Settings). Also tried moving around with the remote and aiming it differently. 
The TV won’t let me add a remote because that requires a pairing button — although this is the remote that came with the TV

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Simple remote does not control volume

A Roku tv IR remote does not have to be paired, it just works, it can only control a Roku tv and no other model of Roku. If the keys no longer work, it might be defective? Then you would need to get in touch with tv manufacturer, Roku only supplies UI for the Roku tv. They don't have replacement IR remotes that control ANY Roku tv. Only simple remotes Roku has access to are worthless on all Roku tv's, just works on stand-alone Roku devices. YTou could go to you local Walmart or Best Buy for Roku Wifi remote that can be paired with ALL Roku tv models. Or get a cheap universal remote that has Roku tv listed. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.