Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristina7
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku is going crazy and nothing I do will fix it.

Mine also,it keeps aci g through the side options and the the channels.its like a wheel of chance. Click to see where it stops

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kristina7,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem on your Roku device. Please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuTakashi and check if this will resolve your issue. You can also reboot your router, which can help clear the cache, improve internet speeds, and keep your router protected from cyberattacks.
Let us know how it goes, and we'd be happy to assist you further.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lewvine

Just fixed mine.

The issue is the signal receptor on the Roku itself.  Place some electrical tape over the front of the Roku and that should fix the issue.

Completely cover the front with the tape, or something else that will block all light going into the device.

0 Kudos
Jellybean1
Reel Rookie

thank you - resetting worked!

0 Kudos
SPELAEZ84

I lost my actual remote like a year ago and have been using my phone. My Hitachi tv that has worked fine recently started going crazy. The Roku just turns the tv on and off, flips through the inputs, at first I thought maybe the old remote was in the couch somewhere but no, it’s not. I would love to try to restart the tv however I can’t even get it to stop flipping through the input list so I can get to the settings. Is there another solution other then throwing out the tv. Please help!!!!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@SPELAEZ84, try unplugging the power from the TV and the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.