Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote with lighted controls

Does RoKu have a remote that light up allowing you to see the controls when watching TV in a dark room?  

51 REPLIES 51
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remote with lighted controls

Hi @Sorento0214

Thanks for the post.

We don't have that kind of remote at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion. Feel free to keep an eye on our blog at https://www.roku.com/blog for any future announcements or updates.

Thank you for choosing Roku and have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Sorento0214 

Roku doesnt provide such a remote, but there are third-party IR-only (wont work with the Stick models) universal/Roku pre-programmed remotes with backlit functionality that can obtained from Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/etc.

E.g. https://www.amazon.com/GE-Universal-Panasonic-Streaming-6-Device/dp/B088X6DRWJ

crrw
Reel Rookie

This is the one thing that I completely dislike about my Roku. I've looked for a backlit remote control but cannot find one. It's so surprising that this isn't included in any remote. I mean, it's basic tech & something that's been around for a long time. I think customers would eagerly buy these if you'd bring your remotes up to date.

ChapDog

100% agree.  This is not an unreasonable Request. 

JVM225

Hey Roku! A backlit remote is long overdue. Amazon Fire Cube now offers one and if I wasn’t a long time dedicated Roku user I would make the switch just for that feature alone. Please come out with one ASAP!

MattC13

Completely agree!! It's been years. Unsure why they can't do this.

derekmski
Channel Surfer

Amazon released a backlit Fire TV remote and it's exactly what Roku should have done with the voice remote pro. The Roku voice remote pro was a massive let down due to no backlit capability. Roku, listen to your customers and release a backlit remote. I guarantee you people will buy it.

mishely1
Binge Watcher

I am in agreement.

Roku needs to make lighted remotes for ALL of their models!

mishely1
Binge Watcher

I'm disappointed in Roku that the company did not conceptionalize and implement this idea.