Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottatl
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote with lighted controls

Just adding my agreement it makes this very annoying.  How is it that I can get a third party backlit remote for $7 at the drugstore but Roku can't give me a remote that has backlit

ade30ukor
Reel Rookie

I agree completely.  I love the Roku remote, I don't want a 3rd party copy nor a compromise one just to get back lighting.  Roku.  Just make a backlit remote. You will sell 1000's

graybeard
Binge Watcher

using my phone Roku app remote sometimes just for backlit capability. Hope Roku is working on it

SCG1

I just got a Roku TV and the reason I'm here is because I am crazed from not being able to see the remote buttons in the dark. I try to pause or fast fwd and end up on Netflix. Don't tell me that you can't come out with a proper lit remote. For crying out loud. I'd pay $10 more for my set up. I'm literally willing to buy another remote! Roku, just frickin' make one!!! 

Scrimpets

It’s been driving me crazy. I ended up cutting a tiny square brightly colored piece of a post it note on the play button and feeling my way around using that as a base.  Pretty sad.

Jasontamu
Reel Rookie

Seems aftermarket Roku covers are glow in the dark. .. 

Bill-M

I see a lot of people with Roku's are looking for a remote that lights up in the dark. We are new with ROKU and I WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree. I know there is an "always-on" audio option, but I have never met anyone that would trust that!! Press and hold for audio would be fine.

In 15-20 yrs, my TV and Sound Systems had remotes that would illuminate at night when picked up. 

crrw
Reel Rookie

Any updates? Is this in the works? 

Fire TV's have lighted remote buttons. Roku has been around a lot longer than those, so why don't you offer the same?

I'm trying to find a reason to stay with Roku, but the list of reasons to stay is SHORT. Can you please bring your tech up to the standards of early 2000's?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bill-M @crrw,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query about a remote. Please be advised that we don't have that remote at the moment, but thanks for the feedback. Feel free to keep an eye on our blog for any future announcements or updates.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification aside from this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teejaybeee
Reel Rookie

Roku has been around for long enough that their remotes should having backlighting.  Or at least glow in the dark buttons!