Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlyErik

Sound stuck at 100 using Roku in hotel

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here at literally a dozen different hotels across the country. Roku has provided zero support for resolving this issue, and it happens most often on Samsung televisions. LG TVs do not seem to have this issue at all at hotels. But I have spent countless hours trying to resolve this blasting volume issue on Samsung TVs and hotels. Zero resolution. Can someone at Roku do something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mallioku
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound stuck at 100 using Roku in hotel

Jump to solution

If you are in a Marriott hotel, here is the answer. (May work at other hotels that use a similar box attached to the tv.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/jsvgn9/roku_streaming_stick_interferes_with_hotel_tv/

Connect the Roku to the HDMI port on the box, NOT the TV. I also plugged into a USB port on the box for power.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FlyErik,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

May we know if you have tried controlling the volume with the remote for the TV? Did you re-pair your remote to control the TV's volume and power?

For more information about how to pair your remote to your current TV, visit our Support page here: Set up TV controls.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mallioku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you are in a Marriott hotel, here is the answer. (May work at other hotels that use a similar box attached to the tv.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/jsvgn9/roku_streaming_stick_interferes_with_hotel_tv/

Connect the Roku to the HDMI port on the box, NOT the TV. I also plugged into a USB port on the box for power.

mo270

Jump to solution

@Mallioku- Your answer just saved my weekend!!!

I'm staying at a Sonesta ES hotel and had the volume at 100 problem after a lot of other trouble getting Roku set up. After viewing your link I found the hotel control box on the wall, connected my HDMI cable there instead of the TV, reconnected my Roku 4k+ to the hotel network, and now the hotel remote works for my sound and Roku for everything else.

Thank you so much! Now I can watch a ton of women's NCAA basketball via Sling DVR and anything else that comes up on a rainy cold weekend at a hotel, and now have another troubleshooting solution for hotels.

Mallioku
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Glad it worked for you! Enjoy March Madness! 😊

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It worked. Thank you for information!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.