Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote with lighted controls

Hi @Teejaybeee,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for your feedback about adding some features to the Roku remote. However, with your feedback and suggestions, we'd like to raise this one with the concerned team for further review. For any future announcements or updates, feel free to watch our blog.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dede2177
Channel Surfer

Amazon has one! It's called Roku remote with backlight. Also, they sell glow in the dark sleeves at Walmart, Amazon, etc for the Roku remote. I'd search "glow in the dark sleeves for broke remote". I hope this info helps! Here's the link to the one on Amazon with the blacklight.

##https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CCSHQS3

Dede2177
Channel Surfer

*Roku not broke! Sorry about that! 

0 Kudos
Dede2177
Channel Surfer

Really? I have to have this comment reviewed by a moderator? Don't you people already moderate every review anyway?! 

0 Kudos
Teejaybeee
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much!!!  I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about these products.

0 Kudos
Dede2177
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote with lighted controls I REALLY WANT A REMOTE WITH..

💯agree! I really want a Roku remote that has backlighting, with the voice search option, as well as the ability to make the 4 streaming service buttons changeable, to put in your top 4 used streaming services! For me it would be Hulu, Amazon Prime, Peacock and Disney Plus. Even better? Make it 6 or 8 buttons! Then I can also add Netflix and Paramount Plus! Also, including the stickers to be able to put on the buttons would be amazing too! Preferably with like 4 of each sticker in case you wear one out. This is 2023 Roku! GET WITH THE TIMES!! Any one else that would like to see this all in a remote from Roku?? 

crrw
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info, but the problem with the Roku remotes w/backlight on Amazon is they reduce functionality (example: you loose voice functions). The glow in the dark sleeves don't illuminate the buttons, which a backlit remote would do.  Also, the problem with both of them is you can't utilize the headphones. Solving a problem with a problem doesn't really address the issue.

There's absolutely no reason, other than cheapness, that Roku hasn't implemented this technology in their remotes. What other reason could it be? Adding a backlight would cost them money, and they just want to rake in as much profit as they can. So, even though their customers want this & the technology is readily available, they ignore both.

scottatl
Channel Surfer

It does not have to cost the money. They could easily contract it out.  I really don't understand the business decision behind not having a premium remote.  

derekmski
Channel Surfer

If only they would do what Amazon did, release a backlit remote you could buy.

Dede2177
Channel Surfer

Losing the function of the voice search is irrelevant because they don't have a remote with backlighting and a voice search made yet anywhere, that I can find anyway. That's why we were saying that Roku should design one, that way you can have both. They wanted a remote with backlighting, not voice search, so I gave them a link to one. Idk what you mean about not being able to use the headphones? Who wears headphones while watching TV anyway? Do you not have privacy in your own home? I don't think using a remote with backlighting would hurt headphones, unless they're specifically Roku headphones (which I've never heard of, not surprising). I wouldn't use Roku headphones anyway, I'd get better ones that Bluetooth to your TV, so that it has nothing to do with the Roku. Or get an adapter to make your TV Bluetooth, if it isn't. No, sleeves wouldn't necessarily light up the buttons, but they do give enough light around them so you can see them. So no, I'm not trying to solve a problem with a problem. You're rude comment was unnecessary. You just brought problems and a negative attitude, instead of some kind of solution. THINK before you respond next time. Is it True? Is it Helpful? Is it Inspiring? Is it Necessary? Is it Kind? The answers to all those questions on your behalf is no and no. Therefore you're wasting your time and other people's. And btw, it's lose, not loose. Learn spelling and correct grammar. Use your time educating yourself instead of nagging people online. Do what's the most beneficial to you. So ya, sorry not sorry. Keep your opinions to yourself. Have a great day 😉

0 Kudos