Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steverenner
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I dont see what info you're asking for but this is what I sent the last time.1jtfntj7.png

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @steverenner,

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us!
Did you follow the steps on how to get the Tracker ID?

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
steverenner
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I sent it in a reply to the email   ID 5G-509-632

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @steverenner,

Thank you for your cooperation!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Byvesdline

Jump to solution

That is just the start. Eventually the remote will stop working all together. I am on my 3rd remote this year.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Byvesdline,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out here about this remote issue you're experiencing. To better understand could you tell us more about this? In trying to resolve this, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Share more information about this so that we can further look for more options.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iRdMoose
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've been struggling with this issue for the past several weeks on my 4820X Ultra 4K in the living room. Roughly half the time when I press a directional button on the enhanced voice remote (the one that responds to "Hey Roku" and does a terribad job of understanding commands), it will behave as if I pressed the given direction 3-4 times. I then have to press the opposite direction to get to where I want to go.

Interestingly, the 4K stick in my bedroom with the older voice remote (AAA powered, no automated response to voice commands) does not do this. I swapped remotes between the devices and the behavior continued on my 4820X in the living room. This is not a remote issue, and given the behavior I would wager it is probably a debounce issue in the software on the device itself.

In addition to swapping remotes between the devices, I've also swapped devices between rooms, tried moving the 4820x to a different area in my home theater rack, changed from wired to WiFi (why is wired network performance such garbage, btw?), switched from my 5GHz network to my 2.4GHz network, and tried restarting. Every time the behavior sticks with the 4820X. The behavior is worst for me in the YouTube app (what I use it for 90% of the time to keep background noise going while I'm working) but it also occurs for me in Plex and Amazon Prime Video as well.

Seems like no matter what I try, the 4820X is frustratingly broken. I bought it because I made the mistake of expecting a good experience given my previous Roku ownership, and so that I could disconnect my LG TV from my network so I stopped getting spammed with 10-20 advertising popups when I'd turn my TV on in the morning. The last thing I want when I relax is to have to fight my media device to select the content that I want to view.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @iRdMoose,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community and we're sorry to hear about this experience.

We'd love to help you and see how we can be of support here. To learn more about this, could you share with us when or how long have you been experiencing this issue?

What are the steps that led to that remote behavior?

Share with us more insight about this so that we can further take a closer look at it.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Richd-Den
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also have this issue with my Roku Ultra remote skipping tiles. I've restarted the ultra. Also pulled the plug, nothing helps. I did something once that seemed to have corrected the issue but it returned.

I see multiple posts on this issue so obviously there is a Roku problem that need correction.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Richd-Den,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to learn more about this. Could you tell us for how long and when you started seeing this? We believed that this had been addressed after the 12.5 software update was released. Also, is this an issue affecting all channels on the platform or an isolated case?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.