Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Hi @Vgatkinson1,

Thanks for keeping us posted,

We would like to acknowledge your efforts and actions to resolve the issue. For the time being, our team is well aware of this issue and is currently working on it. Rest assured that this will be resolved as we are doing our best to for a solution.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GKD1231

Jump to solution

@RokuBen 

Thank you so much.  This has been driving me crazy for a while now.  I did a system restart on both my TV's, and they seem to be working properly now.  This has been a thorn in my side for a couple months now, it was only happening on a few of the apps, and then it just started spreading.  You have just saved my sanity!

0 Kudos
Nonna123

Jump to solution

Identical issue here. My other streaming device works fine (AppleTV), but Roku does not. It’s frustrating, aggravating… This is the second remote I purchased (voice), which behaves just like the first one (simple). At this point, I think Roku has a major problem, and I am returning it. There are better options out there. 

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nonna123before you return, can you answer a few questions?

1. what's the exact model number of the Roku device you have?  That's in Settings / System / About.
  2. how long has it been since you last restarted the device?  You can see that in Settings / System / About as the "uptime" field.
  3. what version of Roku OS is it running?  It would be good to know if you're on 12.0 or got an early update to 12.5.
  4. Are you seeing skipping everywhere or just in some set of applications?  Are you seeing it when you're on the Roku home screen?  Does it constantly happen or just intermittently.
  5. Have you tried controlling the device with the Roku mobile app?  If so, are you seeing skipping there.

Your case is really interesting as it's happening both with an IR (Simple) and RF (Voice) remote.

If you want, you can send me a PM with details.

0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Nonna123 if you find an another option would you please post. This has been an ongoing problem it seems for lots of roku users and they still can’t fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting, @Vgatkinson1.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. We also appreciate you for trying to troubleshoot your remote. 

No worries! Our Support team has already been informed about your concern and will further assist you with this. Kindly keep an eye on your emails, as they will reach you there. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding. 

Aside from this, let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, or feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjorgensen

Jump to solution

I have also encountered this issue, just started this week after having my Roku working fine for the last year or so, though I did notice that the remote was going through batteries unusually quickly. I did the system restart and it did resolve the issue, but now it seems like this will only be temporary. This is absolutely an issue that needs a permanent solution, as it makes the Roku unusable when it happens.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mjorgensen,

Greetings and welcome here in the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about the remote issue you've experienced that has been persistent. Our team is aware of this issue, and it is currently being worked on. Rest assured that this issue will be addressed with a solution resolving this issue.

For the time being, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CTUser

Jump to solution

Disappointed Roku does not provide agent support for Roku Express, as we were having the same issue as noted above with the remote skipping over channels and other functions. I saw some posts here offering a solution of turning off the power from the outlet to the TV and the Roku device for 15 seconds or so and then re-connecting the power. So I tried this and then turned on the TV and now the Roku device works. 

Note that we were having this issue with the PBS app only. PBS failed to provide support on the issue to me and others and advised everyone that it's a Roku software issue. So, PBS does nothing about it. So, I try to contact Roku and discover they don't provide agent support to Roku Express customers. So much for customer service. Thank goodness for this message board. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CTUser,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote on PBS. Please try to update the PBS app by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting Check for Updates. This will update the channel and may allow it to function properly with the software version of your Roku Express.

If the issue persists, please try removing the channel, restarting the system, and re-adding the channel by checking the steps in this support article here.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.