Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodola
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote power level keeps flashing on screen

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie Yes - the remote I'm having an issue with is the original remote that came with the device.  As I indicated in my response to @RokuArjiemar last week, the remote came packaged with my Roku Ultra, purchased on 3/26/23.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Hkwok168
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just brought this from Costco.  I have the same power level keeps flashing plus more remote issue.  My serial number is X01000V139SA; software version 12.0.0 build 4184-C2; model 4800X - Roku Ultra.  

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jodola,

Thanks for keeping us updated! 

Can you please give us more details regarding your problem so we can further assist you?

• How often are they using the remote?
  • How long is charging the remote?
  • Are you using the private listening feature?

With more information, we can assist you further.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jodola
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie As I have said in my multiple replies to this post, whenever I try to use the Voice Remote Pro that came with my Roku Ultra, the status of the battery flashes on the screen, five seconds on, five seconds off, nonstop, whether it's at full battery strength or low battery.  When I first posted about this issue, I had just fully charged the remote for the second time since purchasing the Ultra and this remote back in March, and within a week, it was down to 10% because it spent the whole time trying to pair with the Roku, and kept constantly telling me the battery status.  I charged it up again, followed the advise of all those who have replied to me and tried restarting, repairing, etc., but none of that has made the flashing of the battery status stop, or kept the battery from draining again.  I have allowed the battery to drain to zero and I am instead using a simple IR remote, so the flashing has stopped.  So currently, I am not using the remote, I'm not charging the remote, and I've never used the private listening feature.  I'm not sure there's anything you can do to help.  I'm guessing there's something wrong with this remote, and from the community posts I've read, it's a common problem experienced by several people - there seems to be some sort of bug with this type of remote.  I'll just keep using the IR remote, since that works just fine.  Thank you for trying.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jodola,

Thanks for keeping us updated! 

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. 

May we know where did you buy your Roku Ultra?

We'll wait for your post!

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jodola
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie I purchased the Roku on Amazon.

0 Kudos
Dalamarde
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wonder if there was some sort of update that was pushed, because this just started to happen to my Voice remote pro Monday the 17th of July.  My remote has worked fine for 10 months and was bought as a replacement for the standard remote that was defective that came with my system. I have done all the steps advised here and nothing seems to work.

The only thing that I have to add is that when the issue started the battery notice came up on the screen showing 1 red bar.  This was fine as I hadn't charged it in a month.  I plugged it in to charge and a few hours later came back to use it to turn on Roku TV. That is when the issue started for me.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jodola,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Kindly be informed that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team. They will follow up and reach out to further assist you regarding this. Please check your email from time to time since they'll be contacting you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfre07

Jump to solution

Roku any fix for this?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jfre07,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would like to know the issue you've been having with your device so we can offer you some help. Would you mind elaborating on the issue you've been experiencing? What type of remote are you using? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to reproduce the issue?

Once we have the detailed information, we can further assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.