Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote...."

ROKU you asked for a photo. There it is. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote...."

Hi @FJB2020,

We appreciate your cooperation on this issue!

Thanks for getting in touch again. Have you tried unpairing your Roku remote, and pairing it back again?

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Yes multiple times 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

@FJB2020,

Thanks for keeping us update!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused.

In this case, we will coordinate this with the relevant team to review your devices and find you the best resolution possible. With this being said, we humbly request the following details below so we can investigate your devices:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Photo of the pop-up message.

After we've received these details, we will make sure to forward them to the relevant team immediately.

We'll be anticipating your responses as we are more than eager to help you correct this.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

I sent a photo of my tv with the annoying messages non stop. ROKU never responded. Look for it in the forum.      Model # 4802X - ROKU ULTRA     Serial # X0100008RHL9K.    Version 12.5.5 build 4174-C2 

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

GC version 10.8.24.     Timestamp 2024-02-28T00:58:46Z.    ID 9K-083-578

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@FJB2020,

Thanks for the update and these details.

I'll share this with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll need your understanding and patience in the interim.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tsings

Same!! I've done ALL the things that they suggest on this thread. Multiple times. No go!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tsings,

We hear and completely understand you. This is not the experience we want you to have. We also appreciate the steps you have taken in an attempt to fix this issue.

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • The error message you've been receiving.

Ensuring all the information you will be providing is precise and complete would greatly impact our appropriate team's investigation. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThisIsAUsername
Reel Rookie

I have a TCL Roku TV and decided to upgrade to the Roku Voice Remote.

After taking it out of the box and pairing it, all of the buttons work except for the microphone button. When I press and hold the microphone button and say something into the microphone hole, the Roku TV shows an error message:

"Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote. If this continues, try pairing your remote again."

WHAT HAVE I TRIED:

• Pairing the Voice Remote again (more info below)
  • Rebooting both the TV and the remote, trying to pair again
  • Taking the batteries out of the old remote, trying to pair again
  • Network connection test
  • Network connection reset (on the TV)
  • Resetting TV audio/picture settings
  • Made sure the TV is connected to Wi-Fi via 5 GHz
  • Unplugging the nearby Google Home Mini speaker
  • Deleting all Roku devices from Google Home + unlinking Roku account

(After each of these steps, I tried pairing again)

HERE'S MORE HELPFUL INFO

• When I tried to pair the remote again, I see it's already paired and trying to add a new remote results in no remote being found, even though the remote seems to think that it found the TV (based on the blinking green light)
  • After every troubleshooting step, I tried pairing the remote again. Always the same result: "Voice Remote" stays in the remotes list, and the TV never "finds" the remote that it's already connected to.
  • No matter what I do, BOTH remotes continue to work. But the mic button on the voice remote always causes that error message.
  • The remote that came with the TV does NOT appear on the Remotes screen (I don't think it ever did)
  • The Voice Remote seems like it paired in a messed up way... On the About screen in Remote Settings, it says the Battery level is Unknown, and the Firmware version is Unknown.
  • I saw this Reddit post allegedly from a Roku developer, sounds like that's what's happening... but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the Roku Voice Remote to actually un-pair with the Roku TV and re-pair in the correct way!

MODEL NUMBERS, ETC

Roku TV

• TCL model: 50S425
  • Hardware ID: 7130X
  • Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-30
  • TCL logo at bottom center of TV screen frame
  • Roku TV logo at bottom right of TV screen frame
  • The compatibility check on the store page said this remote would work with my device

Roku Voice Remote

• SKU# RCA1R
  • Model: RC918
  • Name: Voice Remote
  • Firmware version: Unknown [it actually says that]
  • It's the battery one, not the rechargeable one
  • Microphone hole to the left of the power button
  • No sync button

I've spent hours and hours troubleshooting this, reading support pages, troubleshooting pages, community posts, and Reddit posts... I really hope we can find a solution, and others with this same issue in the future can find this page to resolve it easier than we did.

0 Kudos