Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

This is the message that appears on my tv Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.If this continues, try repairing your remote again.    I figured ok your product does not work and you have not helped so I will use it without voice activation. Problem is why do I have to tolerate seeing this message on my tv all the time? SKU #4802R.  All ROKU has done is constantly provide different people who although polite and respectful , ask the same questions over and over again without any results . The final outcome was to blame my internet provider. Unacceptable for $85.00 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote...."

Hi @FJB2020,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku remote. We'll be glad to assist. For the best hands-free experience, try using a conversational tone at normal volume. Do not speak slower or louder than normal, and do not overpronounce syllables or words. Speak naturally with a clear and direct "Hey Roku..." and follow the additional guidelines below:

• Speak in the direction of your remote, not your TV.
  • Keep your remote closer to you than it is to your television. Otherwise, your remote may not hear you over the TV noise.
  • Try keeping your remote close to you, within 10 to 12 feet at the most.

If your spoken phrase is not captured correctly, follow the on-screen prompts to try again. Make sure you are speaking naturally; there is no need to speak any slower or louder than you do in a normal conversation. Also, try not to overpronounce syllables or words. A clear and direct command works best. With a push-to-talk voice, try holding your handheld remote 2 to 3 inches from your mouth. If you have a tabletop remote, you should be no more than 2 to 3 feet away. When using hands-free voice, speak in the direction of your remote and not your TV, and keep your remote nearer to you (within 10 to 12 feet) than it is to your television. You want it to hear you over the noise from your TV. Also, be sure to use a clear and direct "Hey Roku...". 

For example, check out the tutorial video about using hands-free voice commands. You can also check out this support article to learn more about what voice commands you can use with your Roku streaming device and how to use voice to search for and control your Roku streaming device.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote...."

Absolutely zero help. Message pop up is so freaking annoying 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @FJB2020 

It's always great to see new users around here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring for support, and we'd be more than willing to help. Could you please tell us more about the issue you've encountered? What Roku remote model and device you're having issues with? Further, what troubleshooting steps have you already performed such as a system restart or plug/unplug from the power source have you performed?

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Obviously I pulled the plug and turned off the tv and device. Obviously I held down the three buttons and repaired it. I have a photo of the annoying pop up messages that make me want to send the ROKU back to you. Even if you turn it off you get the pop up messages. ROKU has failed as a recommended product 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FJB2020,

Thank you for the post!

We'd like to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Could you send us a photo or video clip of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

I have a photo but this doesn’t allow me to upload it. What is a photo going to fix? It’s a message that won’t stop popping up. Sorry unable to receive audio from your remote , if this continues please repair your remote . 

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

Re: Remote Voice Feature Error keeps popping up: "Sorry, unable to receive audio from your remote.."

image.jpg

0 Kudos
FJB2020
Streaming Star

There it is the annoying pop up message on the tv

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FJB2020,

Thank you for the additional information!

We would be delighted to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Please check out this support article here.

We hope this helps, and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos