Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petruskm

Remote Right arrow button

The right arrow on my 4K Streaming Stick remote is not working. I've had it for less than 3 months. I know this question has been asked but I've tried all the suggestions I've seen with no improvement.

Is there any way to get a replacement? I prefer not to buy one as the remote is new.

Thanks!!

52 REPLIES 52
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Right arrow button

Hi @Petruskm,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd be more than happy to assist you with this, and we'd want to gather more information for us to proceed with your request. Please send us a private message here in the Roku Community.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Greeneacre
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue, thus us now the 2nd voice remote I’ve purchased n 2 months that the right arrow button no longer works. Do you have a suggestion or can you please replace? I’m very frustrated. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Greeneacre

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about this. May we know what specific Roku remote you are having issues with? We'll forward this information to our Support team once we have these details.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have been having the same issue with the right directional button. I have a 4k model RC FA1

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Happyhooligan4,

Thanks for letting us know.

May we know what specific Roku device this remote pairs with? Also, was this remote a recent purchase? When did you start observing this issue with the remote?

Please keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Greeneacre
Reel Rookie

About 4 months ago I purchased the 4+ roku with voice remote. After approx 2 months the right arrow stopped working. I thought maybe it was just faulty so I purchased a 2nd 4+ roku with voice remote. Again, after about 2 months the right arrow has stopped working. I'm very disappointed. We are using the app to control the TV but I am having guests arriving and would appreciate a working remote. Any way you can replace both? I can send send receipts.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Greeneacre,

Thanks for getting us back here in the Roku Community!

We want to perform a few steps to ensure we provide the best service. Please perform the power cycle by unplugging your TV for about 2 minutes. This includes unplugging the HDMI cables from the TV and the power supply. Then please remove the batteries from the remote. Plug it all back and place the batteries in the remote once you see the Roku letters bouncing if that resolves the issue with your Roku remote button.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know, along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Greeneacre
Reel Rookie

That did not solve the issue. The roku remote model is RC-GZ1. What is your next suggestion, or can you please send a new remote? Also how can I contact you privately, and not on the chat page?

flea4me
Reel Rookie

Same problem here,,,,right arrow button has to be pressed very hard to make it work. I purchased this remote in May 2023 to replace a damaged (crushed) remote. It is a RD-GZ1. I have another stick and a sound bar. Both have many years use and no issues. Is this covered under a warranty??

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.