Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PurpleLady4469
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote indicator on screen every couple of minutes

Jump to solution

I don't know if removing the pop up is the solution. The reason it is popping up is because there is an issue with the remote itself. What they need to do is maybe have a separate notification indicating possible issues with the remote. The fact that it keeps giving me charge level on the remote is why they kept asking me if my remote was charged and giving me instructions on how to pair. The remote is continuously pairing with the base unit which is why it keeps popping up. Better remote and better error messages would be a good start.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Remote indicator on screen every couple of minutes

Jump to solution

@PurpleLady4469 

I don't know if removing the pop up is the solution. The reason it is popping up is because there is an issue with the remote itself. What they need to do is maybe have a separate notification indicating possible issues with the remote. 

Of course removing the pop up is the solution. If it doesn't exist it won't pop up when it isn't supposed to! And you think adding separate notifications for more things is a good idea? So it is even more pop ups occurring when they aren't supposed to? Worst idea ever! All the pop ups need to be removed from the software, period! Because these remotes are terrible and so is the software that runs on them, they will always malfunction.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.