Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote pro quick launch button now forces Roku channel in the array

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @sandhuha!

Thank you for contacting us about the functionality of the Quick Launch shortcut button on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition). We'd be happy to provide more information. 

The new quick launch button on TVs functions by displaying the updated versions of personalized shortcuts in the first two tiles. This feature eliminates the need to remember which functions correspond to the 1 and 2 buttons. 

For more information about this, kindly refer to @RokuMary-F's post above. 

If you need further assistance and clarification about this, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chaybee1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote pro quick launch button now forces Roku channel in the array

Jump to solution

Really bad decision on Roku to change this, IMO.  You've removed it being "quick" and instead created a sub-menu. Would go back to V1 if it didn't have micro-USB.  

ClubDebit

Re: Quick launch button stopped quick launching on Roku Pro V2 remote

Jump to solution

I am beyond disappointed that Roku changed the Quick Launch feature with the OS13 update.  As others have stated, you've removed it being "quick" and instead created a sub-menu. I can just as quickly get to my favorite app by selecting the home button first.

It appears Roku is trying to get users to the Roku Channel app. But there is already a button on the remote to select the Roku channel. I specifically purchased the Roku Voice Remote, 2nd edition for the Quick Launch feature. So basically, I pi**ed away $30 for nothing because my old remote would suffice.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.