Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krammatt
Binge Watcher

Re: Power, volume and mute buttons stopped working on 3 different TVs after working perfectly for 2

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB 

@RokuJechealR 

@RokuJharra-Q 

After letting everything sit for a week or so yesterday I did a factory reset on each device giving me problems. Removed batteries from remote and unplugged everything as Roku began the boot up process after the reset. Paired the remotes as asked and then did the TV operation to pair remote for power, volume and mute. This time it worked. However, the battery indicator comes up randomly. When it is showing the remote is unresponsive. It is obviously re-pairing. So my three devices are working but a bit “balky” due to this apparent re-pairing process. Y’all need to figure this out. Has to be a programming issue. I don’t consider this a solution but only a patch. I expect to hear something from Roku on this issue. This is not an isolated incident. Read through your community board. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power, volume and mute buttons stopped working on 3 different TVs after working perfectly for 2

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @Krammatt 

We acknowledge the informaiton you have provided, and we'll update our team with this. As work we worn on the issue, we're hoping for your patience and understanding.

Further developments about our investigation will be provided as an update in this thread.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JSaint78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue and tried everything that is suggested.  I’ve only had my Roku (same model as yours) for a month or so.  Did you ever get the issue resolved?

0 Kudos
Krammatt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I finally reset the whole system to factory settings and removed batteries. Unplugged everything a treated as is I just took it out of the box and started from scratch. It seemed to work after many weeks of trying it the”Roku way”. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.