Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol12
Channel Surfer

Can’t get past the pairing screen

How do I get past the pairing screen. I’m told since I have the bump that there’s no need to pay her but I can’t get past that screen. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t get past the pairing screen

Hi @Carol12,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. What device are you using right now? (e.g. Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV – specify TV) Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carol12
Channel Surfer

Model RC-MC1 (remote) & Streaming Stick model # 3821X SN:S09T41C065VCroku streaming stick 4k+

IMG_0027.jpeg

0 Kudos
Carol12
Channel Surfer

My Roku has a rechargeable battery. I don’t think I can remove it

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Carol12,

Troubleshoot your rechargeable voice remote.

Roku voice remotes with a rechargeable battery do not have a battery compartment. Both the status light and pairing button are located directly on the back of the remote.

Ensure your Roku streaming device is up-to-date.

Verify your streaming device is running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Go to Settings > System > About to check the software version. If necessary, manually check your device for an update. 

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button, and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Recharge your voice remote.

If you have not already attempted to recharge your voice remote,

1. Connect the small, micro-USB end of the charging cable to the charging port on your remote.
  2. Connect the other end to a standard USB power adaptor.
  3. The status light will flash slowly when charging and change to a solid green when complete.

If the status light does not begin to flash within a few seconds, try an alternate charging cable and power adaptor. Remember to use the Roku-provided micro-USB cable that came with your voice remote for the best results. If you are still having issues, please restart your device and try again.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carol12
Channel Surfer

It won’t move from this screen  so I can’t go to settings 

IMG_0027.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @Carol12,

To completely pair your Roku remote and get past this screen, let's perform a total reset to your Roku streaming stick. To do this, follow the steps below.

1. Locate the reset button placed at the side of the Roku streaming stick. 

2. Then, press it for 10 -15 seconds while your Roku streaming stick and TV are turned on. 

3. The next step is to re-set up and activate your Roku streaming stick.

4. If the "Pair your remote" prompt appears, grab your Roku remote, then press the pairing button located at the back of the Roku remote for 5 seconds until a green light blinks.

5. Wait for a moment until a "pairing remote" screen prompt appears on your screen.

Following these steps precisely would allow you to successfully activate your Roku streaming stick and start streaming.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Schmidthead
Reel Rookie

Still can’t get past this screen! WHAT IS GOING ON!! I’m frustrated with ROKU RIGHT NOW!!!!

0 Kudos
Schmidthead
Reel Rookie

Someone PLEASE HELP!!! I can’t get past remote pair screen!! Is my remote broken? Do I need to replace it?

0 Kudos
Schmidthead
Reel Rookie

I did ALL THE STEPS PRECISELY AND IT WILL NOT MOVE FROM REMOTE PAIR SCREEN

0 Kudos