Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

Can you factory reset a ROKU remote unit?

I’ve contacted Tech Support a number of times and received different answers. I know how to factory reset a Roku ultra.
Can you reset to “factory basics” a Roku remote?

One person said, hit the home, left arrow and mute button for about 25 seconds.  I would call that a “three finger salute,” Paying homage to a Microsoft reset technique.

Another said hold the home button down for about 30 seconds

Another tech said, hit the Home button and left arrow button down for about 20 seconds and that should initiate a remote unit  factory reset

Any of these answers sound right by you?

Do you have a better answer or a different answer… Something that works for you to reset a Roku remote to factory standards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Can you factory reset a ROKU remote unit?

This link has something, but not sure if it's accurate (scroll down a few sections):

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-pair-roku-remote 

And this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWx5MOArrFc 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can you factory reset a ROKU remote unit?

Hi, @FranklinJ!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

In reference to our support article here: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working, There is a section that provides steps for rebooting your remote. This involves removing it from your Roku device and then pairing it again which basically means resetting your physical remote. 

There are also various ways of rebooting your remote depending on the model:

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home for 20 seconds.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
FranklinJ
Streaming Star

Re: No headphone jack on the Roku Remote Pro 2nd Edition (Roku Community Subscription Updat

Hi RokuCarly,

BulldogX seems unsatisfied with existing solutions. 
Here is what he wrote:

”BulldogX

Binge Watcher

3 hours ago

Re: A Backlit Remote, But Loses Earphones!

It is clear to me that you are intentionally avoiding my point. So I'll end with this:

Please do not communicate with me again until Roku offers a remote with (1) backlit keys; (2) a headphone jack; and (3) voice control, all combined in the same remote.”

Do we know if Roku has a remote In the works with Back life keys, a headphone jack and voice control?

Apparently, the mobile app does not fulfill his needs.

I would like to know if bulldogX has requirements that we can fulfill.  Thank you very much, RokuCarly!

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No headphone jack on the Roku Remote Pro 2nd Edition (Roku Community Subscription Updat

Hi, @FranklinJ Thanks for informing us!

We've carefully reviewed the thread and explored a potential solution to address the issue. Your concerns are important, and we want to assure you that we're actively working to resolve the matter.

Your patience is truly valued and appreciated.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.