Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svharrison

Universal remote setup with Samsung tv and Roku box

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
svharrison

Re: Universal remote setup with Samsung tv and Roku box

I am looking for the best universal remote to run my Samsung tv, lips sound bar and roku box

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @svharrison, thank you for reaching out to us in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're searching for a universal remote for your Samsung TV, and we're here to assist you. It's important to note that you may encounter compatibility issues with a universal remote as Roku devices are specifically designed to work with Roku remotes. This particular issue might lead to complications because of the incompatibility with the device's operating system. Therefore, we highly recommend utilizing a Roku remote or the Roku mobile app for Roku devices and TVs to ensure optimal functionality.

We deeply value your understanding and are fully committed to providing any further assistance you may require.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tivoburkee(our resident remote expert) often recommends the All-For-One universal remote.  I don't have any experience with it myself, but I trust his judgement.  🙂

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Universal-Remote/m-p/804282/highlight/true#M33076

I know you said "box", but keep in mind that no universal remote can control a stick that plugs directly into an HDMI port without the need for an HDMI cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.