Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CherylNB

Backlighting on Roku remote

Jump to solution

When will Roku offer a remote with backlighting? I use Roku in my bedroom at night and have to turn on the flashlight on my phone in order to use the remote in the dark. It's a feature that I, and I'm sure many other users, would be glad to pay for. 

Is there another remote on the market that will work with Roku that has backlighting? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Backlighting on Roku remote

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We are excited to announce that the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) now comes with a backlit feature. The Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) is our latest rechargeable remote and, just like its predecessor, it allows you to easily launch apps, control your streaming, and use voice commands with your Roku device. However, the new Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) has advanced features that enhance your streaming experience. The addition of backlit buttons makes navigating in low-light environments much easier, creating the perfect atmosphere for movie nights.

For more information about this, you can visit our product page here: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) | Backlit Remote | Roku.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CherylNB wrote:

Is there another remote on the market that will work with Roku that has backlighting? 

It depends on the model of your remote.  If it's a stick that plugs directly into an HDMI input on your TV without the need for a cable, then the answer is no.  If it's any other model, then there are 3rd party remotes or universal remotes that have backlighting, but you have to point them at the Roku device.  I prefer to use my remote under the covers while lying in bed, so a backlight wouldn't do me any good.  I've also never felt that a Roku remote has enough buttons to warrant a backlight.  After a few days of use, memorizing the position by feel isn't all that tough (at least for me).  Of course, it may also be because I've been using their remotes for well over a decade.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
VtHawk

Jump to solution

Remote with Backlighting on All buttons.    Roku should make their remote so when you move it, All the buttons are backlit and stay lit for about 20 seconds after it is no longer being moved or used. This would make it much better when watching in a dark room. The buttons are small (which is another issue) but if you could see the buttons it would be acceptable. I cut my cord with Comcast and went to Roku, but comcast did have the best remote for seeing all buttons in the dark.  This could be sold as a stand-a-lone option. I have not yet found a universal remote with this feature to backlight all the buttons including buttons on the side. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We are excited to announce that the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) now comes with a backlit feature. The Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) is our latest rechargeable remote and, just like its predecessor, it allows you to easily launch apps, control your streaming, and use voice commands with your Roku device. However, the new Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) has advanced features that enhance your streaming experience. The addition of backlit buttons makes navigating in low-light environments much easier, creating the perfect atmosphere for movie nights.

For more information about this, you can visit our product page here: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) | Backlit Remote | Roku.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
NightRPh

Jump to solution

Does it work with the streambar pro?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, I use one with Streambar Pro. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mags02
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I Ordered the new Roku remote with backlighting and it does not work! I paid $29.99. Outlet and everything works fine. I’ve charged it up all the way and it still does not work properly. I do not have any backlighting at all. And why can’t we call a number a phone number to talk to a person about this?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Mags02,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your Roku remote issue, and we want to assure you that we are fully committed to helping you resolve this matter.

To better assist you, we kindly request more details about the issue.

• Could you please inform us about the specific Roku device paired with the remote?
  • Where the remote was purchased
  • Please share a picture of the remote with us.

In the meantime, we recommend resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try to utilize the remote backlight feature to see if this will make any difference.

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and look forward to assisting you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.