Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ugadd

Roku remote stopped working, but now my TV isn’t either

I’m really hoping someone can help me. For reference I have a Roku stick and a LG tv monitor that’s never had any problems before now. Nothing is connected via USB.

It started a few days ago when my Roku stick remote stopped working. There was a prompt on the screen to “re-pair the Bluetooth” but even following the instructions… no dice. Contacted support and they told me to get a new Roku remote. Fine. Switch over HDMI to my DVD player to watch during the interim. New remote comes in. But now my tv screen isn’t connecting. The light comes on but the screen is black even when I unplug the Roku. I have tried unplugging everything off of the TV waiting 10 minutes and plugging it back in. I’ve tried holding down the power button on the side of the TV. I’ve tried replacing the batteries and all my remotes. The weird thing is at one point I could hear the Roku sounds, and it looked like the screen was alive, but I couldn’t get the brightness to change. Even that’s gone now. Does anyone know what happened? If so, is it fixable? Support has been no help at all.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.