Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k will not boot

@Luluandthefork

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikeydino63
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue. Mine was working for a few months, got stuck while watching a movie, I hit the home key but nothing happened then unplugged it, plugged it back in, stayed on the boot screen for 2 hrs.

SN# SO7P217DY8Y8

Model 3941X

Please help

Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mikeydino63, if you're using the TV's USB port to power the Roku try using the supplied power adapter (or vice versa, although the supplied power adapter should be best).  If that doesn't help, a factory reset may be in order.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mikeydino63
Channel Surfer

I have tried holding the reset button for 30 sec about 4 times and it never recovers from the boot up screen with the dancing Roku logo. It dose not work

0 Kudos
Luluandthefork
Channel Surfer

Mine was new enough that they sent me a replacement (after I sent mine back). I hope they can help you too!

0 Kudos
mikeydino63
Channel Surfer

Thanks. I think it is

0 Kudos
Kris77
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue it’s plugged into the wall and I have tried the reset several times. 
SN:SO7P2173HE8G

Model: 3941X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Kris77

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BardofC

I have the same problem with my Express 4K+ plugged into a wall outlet. It has been working fine since I bought it new a couple of months ago but tonight the TV screen froze as we were watching a Netflix movie. The blue light on the Express flashed a few times and then went out and I have not been able to get it to come back on since then. I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the power cable and pressing the factory reset button for more than 10 s, all to no avail. The TV says that there is no signal coming from the Express unit and the screen stays black.

The unit is Model 3941X and the serial number is SO7P2195DK6F.

Please advise.

Thanks,

BardofC

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BardofC,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are receiving a no signal message and the screen turning black. Not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos