Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay video working but no sound

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @amitkattyan!

We appreciate you letting us know about the audio issue you're currently experiencing in Airplay and for performing all the possible troubleshooting steps to no avail. 

We'd be happy to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team and find you the best resolution. With this being said, kindly provide us with a Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID) so we can forward this to our team.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Livgriffith239
Binge Watcher

Yep. Only way to get my hisense 65 inch roku tv to work is to do a network connectioj reset in the advanced settings In the roku settings. But then after im done screen sharing I have to literally reconnect my wifi. Absurd. This happens off and on. Worked two months ago for the first time in like 6 months. For about a month. Then all of a sudden nobody's phone will pull up the TV when trying to use smart view from our brand new z flip 5 or s24. It's so frustrating I absolutely can't stand roku. 

0 Kudos
amitkattyan
Reel Rookie

I don’t find tracking Id and I think I have provided device Id.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @amitkattyan!

We appreciate you for providing us with a precise elaboration of your concern about the issues you've been having with screen sharing and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

In this case, when you are using the screen-sharing feature, have you tried to disable (turn off) the Bluetooth on your mobile phone? If so and the issue persists, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can include your device in the process of investigation and correction:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Model and OS version of the smart phone device you are trying to screen mirror from.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, @amitkattyan.

This is acknowledged and we will make sure to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further review and correction. 

Once again, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Screen Mirroring stopped working

I'm having the same issue.Here's my information for my tv

T c l model number-- Is 50S451

Hardware ID-- G134X

Serial number --X012000JDR9A

Device ID--S0JPD2AJDR9A

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wolfdad9482,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed along this information to the appropriate Roku team for additional updates.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cruz44

How though is the question?

0 Kudos
Jenkis

Screen mirroring stop working

I used to be able to cast and screen mirror from my phone and now it wont. I want to start by saying the following:

Yes I've connected both devices to the same internet 

Yes both devices have been reset

Yes both devices are up to date

Yes I've made sure my screen mirroring setting is on, on my roku

Yes ive switched between always allow and prompt settings

Yes my google home app is up to date

Yes my roku app is up to date and connected to my roku device

I've even signed in and out of roku app( and installed and uninstalled)

I've even factory reset my roku

Now, if you (the roku developer/ forum moderator) cannot tell me anything more that what ive already done please do not bother replying. I'm sick and tired of seeing this issue be brought up many times on spereate forums and no one have an answer. And these aren't isolated incedints. Me and many other cannot screen mirror or cast to our roku device. With the exception of the youtbe app. I'm tired of forum moderators not even reading our issues. This is a simple fix that your company can fix but refuses to adress and I just want some sort of acknowledgement toward the growing issue

0 Kudos
Lipher

I having the same problem, it's not my smartphone because I have another Roku Tv (Aoc) that works normaly... But this one was mirroring just a few days ago and now it doesn't work anymore 

I try to connect by choosing the smart tv on my phone but the Tv doesn't respond (yes I am using the same wifi, and tried restarting them)

Track ID:

IMG_20240529_232347.jpg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.