Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM3
Streaming Star

How do I make the close captioning be in sync with the TV show?

Monday, December 11, 2023--11:40 pm CST

This is a question about the close captions being in sync with the TV series.

I would like to know how to make the close captioning get in sync with the TV series?

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas, USA)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I make the close captioning be in sync with the TV show?

Hi @TM3,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to answer your inquiry. Please make sure that your Roku device is up-to-date with the latest system software. To check for updates, go to Settings > System > System Update> Check now on your Roku device. Verify the caption settings. Ensure that the closed caption settings are configured correctly on your Roku device.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kht114

Done reset, checked all settings for CC - even on each channel- and problem still persists; I need it for hearing deficiency. It WAS working for a bit but when commercial came on, the CC continued (as if with the show) while commercial played and this made it waaaay off kilter! How did you fix it?? 

0 Kudos
Mac50

Spooked to Roku tech support. Lots of complaints about this since last software update. They are working on a fix. Nothing to do but wait.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.