Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen Mirroring No Longer Working

Hi @Jooeedee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing to our attention that you are encountering difficulties using the Screen Mirroring feature on your Roku device. We appreciate your efforts and the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Make sure your PC and Roku device are connected to the same network: Double-check that your computer and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they are not, connect them to the same network and try mirroring again.
  • Check your firewall settings: Your computer's firewall may be blocking the connection between your laptop and the Roku device. Try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if this resolves the issue. If disabling the firewall allows the mirroring to work, you may need to adjust the firewall settings to allow the connection.
  • Check for Roku device updates: Make sure your Roku device is running the latest software version by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. If an update is available, install it and try mirroring again.
  • Try restarting your devices: Restart both your PC and Roku device and try mirroring again.
  • Use a different mirroring method: If none of the above steps work, try using a different mirroring method. For example, you can use the Roku mobile app to cast media from your phone to the Roku device or try using a third-party screen mirroring app.

We hope you find this information useful. Feel free to let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vdrivn

As a Roku owner and avid user of screen mirroring. This is no longer a feature and hasn’t been since nearly the beginning of the year for me. I used it daily and went out of town and returned a week later for it to stop working. Every other Roku owner I know is also experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Jooeedee
Reel Rookie

It seems that things running on windows may be causing more problems than the Roku as I had a similar problem connecting straight to the TV. I got it to work last night be disconnecting everything, that is Roku, TV, and PC and reconnecting. Make sure the network you are connecting to is set to Private, which I think was the key my problem. I also had to turn off the Bitdefender firewall. We'll see if this still works tomorrow.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jooeedee@vdrivn,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out about your experience using screen mirroring. We'd like to understand this better.

Please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Mobile/tablet device brand, model, and OS

We can flag the appropriate Roku team once this information is available.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.